XTSL - Flora or Petal?

Stacy

I'm really digging both patterns. Even after searching for IRL pics I'm totally indecisive. Which one to get :confused:?

Oh, and any tips on getting this thing more upright than 45 deg?

ADS

gsdguenter

We have both and prefer the Flora. The Flora is softer IMO and doesn't show dirt as easily :thumbsup:

afdani1984

I'm really digging both patterns. Even after searching for IRL pics I'm totally indecisive. Which one to get :confused:?

Oh, and any tips on getting this thing more upright than 45 deg?

I have the Shadow cover, but I definately like the Flora better than petal. I could see it being more gender-neutral and I think there's a few people on here that have little boys riding in a Flora RN.

I Agree with Aurezalia. Don't tilt the RN back to get the little hooks on the bottom of the feet up IN the bite. I put mine flat on the seat and shoved it forward from the back while tightening and locking the seatbelt. I don't think I have any pics of that part of my install though.

Stacy

I have been staring at this pic for like 2 days now, lol:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=121144

I really like how vibrant the pink is, but I'm sure Flora would look better IRL. Sigh. This has to be the last seat I get. HAS to. Or DH will know I'm nuts.

Which one would look better against my leopard print blanket/seat protector? (Yes I know I'm tacky, lol :p.)

afdani1984

I have been staring at this pic for like 2 days now, lol:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=121144

I really like how vibrant the pink is, but I'm sure Flora would look better IRL. Sigh. This has to be the last seat I get. HAS to. Or DH will know I'm nuts.

Which one would look better against my leopard print blanket/seat protector? (Yes I know I'm tacky, lol :p.)

LoL I'd have to see what the seat cover looked like first. Does it HAVE to be petal or flora?

Holly

I have both covers (on my Radian 65 and Radian 80! I have a thread w/ pics somewhere). I love them both but I think I like the petal the best out of the two. I do LOVE the texture and colors of flora, I just love the petal slightly more. I'm glad I have 2 girls so I don't have to choose between them!
I'm not humch help, am I?

What color does your dd like best?

wvmommy007

I have never seen flora irl, but I have petal and I :love: it! It feels so nice and soft, and it's pink and bright. But I am partial to pink seats, and don't mind having my car and seats mismatch (even though it is quite lovely with my black interior, imo). :D

jessi f

I have a petal cover in waiting for when DD eventually starts using DS' radian. I really like it :) I would kind of like to have flora instead just because DD already has a pink and brown TF. If the radian was going to be my only girly seat I would want petal ;)

amyd

I always have an extra cover for my carseats so I vote get the seat in one cover & watch for an extra on Swap in the other pattern:whistle: I have Flora & Nitro for my XT.

singingpond

We have Flora and really like it. It's DD's main seat, but DS2 has ridden in it also, and likes it.

When it came time to replace the seat (post accident) I thought I would get the Petal, since I thought it looked really pretty too, and we could alternate the covers. I almost pushed the button on the purchase, but then happened to show DD a picture of her (almost) new seat. Her opinion, totally a surprise to me: "That is yucky!!" :p I still don't know why, as she otherwise likes the color pink, and she likes pictures of flowers on her clothes.

So, we got another Flora, which she likes very much.

Anyway, if your child is old enough to have an opinion, I've found that it's definitely worth asking for it.

Katrin

TiaxMarie

We have Petal (on loan to a friend) and I like it. I haven't seen Flora in real life though.

Also, how old is your daughter? I let my daughter pick between the two and ordered the one she wanted.

ElfJewel

I have never seen Flora IRL but we have one in Petal. DD picked it. It's not as bright as it looks in the picture. It is VERY pink though. DS likes it better than his (Ventura cover) :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC