My mom is learning! WOOT

nevaehsmommy

We had all three of the grand babies on the way to church today. I was looking at the kiddos in the mirror and I remarked to my mom that DNi2 could legally be forward facing now in Nevaehs Nauti. My mom was quick to point out that she was way to small and will remain rearfacing with her until she is out grows her car seat. I was like "wow" and promptly shut my mouth.

This coming from a women who came on this board to prove to me that I was insane for Rfing back in the day. She wanted me to FF Nevaeh as soon as she hit 20# She still does not know how to install the car seats right but at least she is listening to the logic. She had me FFing at two months old. I can also remember my baby brother in the shield booster things (with the arm that laid across the belly) at about 2 years old.

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

YAY!! That is awsome! When I turned Marcus FF for good, my mom asked me if it was ok for him to be FF now. :D She learned alot while I lived with her.

Angela

That's awesome. I had a similar experience yesterday with my DH. He noticed a kid in a car seat in the car behind us and said that they really should be rear facing still. :) They can learn, it just takes some 'beating' sometimes. :)

nevaehsmommy

My mom posted maybe twice. She was not impressed with the responses. As I recall it was a bunch of youtube videos, and articles about rear facing. She was not impressed bc it was not the answer she was wanting. She must have been digesting the info though bc she called me the other night to ask what car seat one of her low tone babies (she is a special ed teacher/ OT/PT) might be able to use. SHE had already convinced the mom to rear face the child. I suggested the myride and my mom even bought the seat.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=109821 here is her post.

Kat_Momof3

at least she was seeking info... proves that if you are open to info, eventually, it sinks in.

hopefully she gets help with her installs.

hesgimenez

Don't you love it when Mom's get a clue? On Monday my mom was going over some info in articles she had cut out. One of them was about carseats. It said that by 4-5 they did not need them :mad::mad::eek::confused::mad::mad: but that a booster or carseat was best. I told her that we have harnessed boosters in both of our cars. When we were running our errands she commented on how a child couldn't see out the window if they weren't in a carseat. ;)

I am pretty sure previously she thought we were overprotective by still having K in a harnessed seat-I remember that my brother went from carseat to LBB to nothing-all before he was five. At least now she knows that we aren't. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC