Umbrella stroller with tall seat back?

tracee877

Anyone know of any umbrella strollers that have tall seat backs? I'm currently using a Mac Quest and the top of DS' head is pretty much even with or just over the seat back. The harness straps are also just about below his shoulders now. He also likes to put his feet under the footrest which makes his feet rest on the wheels making it hard to push. So I guess he needs more leg space also. He is 2.5 and weighs about 28 lbs. I'm not sure on height, but I think he is anywhere from 35-37". He also has a long torso. Can anyone recommend a good umbrella stroller for him? I generally use a stroller with my kids until around age 4-5 so I need one that will last that long. I'm looking at the Mia Moda Facile, anyone know how that one is?

ADS

love-pink

The Cybex Topaz is a ton taller than the Maclaren Techno. Im not sure how much taller the techno is from the quest but the topaz is taller than both. I have alot of comparison pics in my albums. :thumbsup: I :love::love::love: my Topaz!!

LuvMyCharlie

It's not an umbrella fold but the Baby Jogger City Micro is great for the taller-torsoed bunch. My DS is almost 4 and still fits beautifully!

Holly

I have no idea the height of it, but the first years ignite and jet strollers are rated to 50 lbs so I think they are bigger than standard umbrella strollers.
They also have bigger, better wheels than most umbrella strollers as well as taller handles. I pushed some around in the store the other day and they were really easy to push.
I'm hoping to get one soon.

tracee877

The Cybex Topaz is a ton taller than the Maclaren Techno. Im not sure how much taller the techno is from the quest but the topaz is taller than both. I have alot of comparison pics in my albums. :thumbsup: I :love::love::love: my Topaz!!

I looked at the pics and it does look taller! Don't think I'm crazy about all that white on a stroller though.:eek: Also the harness slots look low, are they? My DS is already over the top slots on the quest. I know it's not like car seats, but he can get his arms out. Also does that bumper bar thing come off?

It's not an umbrella fold but the Baby Jogger City Micro is great for the taller-torsoed bunch. My DS is almost 4 and still fits beautifully!

I'm not really thrilled with 3 wheelers but it seems worth checking out!

courtfrog2

The inglesina urbe is a great stroller with a very tall back. My DD used it until she was almost 6. I've been meaning to post it because DD has not used it for a while. Not sure if they still make them.

wavegal

It might be a bigger than you want but I have the pliko p3 and the seatback is pretty tall, My tall(36.5-37in) 2yr old fits with room over his head. the si might have the same seat back but I don't know for sure, I can get a pic if you want

tracee877

It might be a bigger than you want but I have the pliko p3 and the seatback is pretty tall, My tall(36.5-37in) 2yr old fits with room over his head. the si might have the same seat back but I don't know for sure, I can get a pic if you want

Oh I LOVE the P3. Actually I had one when DS2 was born but got rid of it when he was about 6 months because it was just bigger than I wanted.

Dillipop

I looked at the pics and it does look taller! Don't think I'm crazy about all that white on a stroller though.:eek: Also the harness slots look low, are they? My DS is already over the top slots on the quest. I know it's not like car seats, but he can get his arms out. Also does that bumper bar thing come off?

I got a cybex topaz a few weeks ago and love it. DD is still little, but ds has ridden in it in the house and he can still rest his head. He's probably 42 inches or so. The bumper bar comes off easily. I haven't used the stroller with it on yet, as I use ours a lot as a travel system. I love the harness adjustment on it- it's just like a carseat with an adjuster strap to tighten and loosen the harness. No loose harnesses like my volo.

jheimes

I just finished my quest for the same type of item for my long torsoed 2.5 yr old DS (35", 28#). I had it narrowed down to Baby Jogger City Micro, Graco Ipo, Cybex Topaz, and Chicco Liteway.
I got a great deal on a used Graco Ipo and it is wonderful. He fits and can recline enough to sleep in it. Folds long and stick like, like an umbrella fold. Tall handles. My DD who is 5 still fits, but barely fits in the most reclined position. I think the first years ones are taller also, but not as tall as the cybex.

Dillipop

I had my 4.5 year old sit in our topaz today. With a jacket on, he is right at the top slots for the harness. For comparison, he is just above the 2nd from bottom slots on a regent, just above the 2nd from top slots on a radian, using the top slots of a trufit. He could comfortably rest his head.

I got mine from woot for $95. It is definitely worth the price.

msg221

I have this stroller (there is a new 2011 model out now as well):

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc..._Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

The height of the seat back is 19 inches. I also measured the top harness slot and it's 12 inches. The seat depth is 14 inches.

Here is the 2011 model:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Zooper-Lightweight-Umbrella-Stroller-Black/dp/B004GJXNIM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1299529623&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Zooper 2011 Twist Lightweight Umbrella Stroller, Star Black: Baby[/ame]

Zain is the biggest out of all of the almost 3 year-olds (between him, Nour and Ethan) and he still fits with plenty of room. It goes up to 55 lbs. I love this stroller. I've mentioned it many times here in other posts about stroller recommendations. Here are more pics:

http://s972.photobucket.com/albums/ae202/msg221/Zooper Twist/

CYBEX USA-2

Check out the new 2011 CYBEX Strollers. All have taller backs that most, and no more WHITE. www.cybex-online.com

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC