Car seat misuse today :(

cookie123

I went to the baby shower for my friend's dd's baby. She works where I do, knows stuff shouldn't be in the car seat and how the harness should be. It made me sad to see her grandbaby with a bundle me in her Keyfit under the infant insert and a huge headrest thing. The harness covers were on, not on the shoulders, belly clip. Harness was actually about as tight as it could really be.

I was so disappointed. They asked me if it was right, I told them how things should be. I hope she fixed things before they left.:(

ADS

mommyfrog

My sister got to see a 25 pound 4 month old stuffed in a 22 limit infant seat the other day!! She was at a breastfeeding peer counselor training and people with little babies could bring their babies. So she told the mom she needs to buy him a new seat ASAP and told her about Radians and then other seats that go to 40 pounds rf. We'll see if she listened when she sees her next week.

M

Mrs.Lee

when I was in VA over thanksgiving my cousin (who is a young,first time mom) had her 30 pound 7mo old in a keyfit. She had no idea what the problem was. "My mom bought the travel system because it is the best there is!" I finally showed her some video ect and I switched her for my efta (ds was same age and all of 16lbs at the time). She now has a ca65 for his chunky butt and plans to ERF!yay!

mamom

So many people get that one year in their heads and they can't seem to fathom that their little one won't fit in the bucket until then

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
I was excited when I got to see an 18 month old RF today in a myride...until that I saw the FF foot props weren't put in for RF mode :(

flipper68

Senior Community Member
I went to the baby shower for my friend's dd's baby. She works where I do, knows stuff shouldn't be in the car seat and how the harness should be. It made me sad to see her grandbaby with a bundle me in her Keyfit under the infant insert and a huge headrest thing. The harness covers were on, not on the shoulders, belly clip. Harness was actually about as tight as it could really be.

I was so disappointed. They asked me if it was right, I told them how things should be. I hope she fixed things before they left.:(

How did they manage to smash all that into a Keyfit and still have room for the child? The baby must have been teeny-tiny.

I just helped my friend move her 23 lb. twins to Radians last night. They were too tall for the KF. They haven't had the head support in there for months. There was no room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC