I saw a fellow ERF'er today!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I was driving and of course looked into the car next to me a light, and there was a child that looked at least 2 RF'ing in a Marathon. I was stoked :)

and then I went to the park with a friend, and her friend was there with her 9 month old FFing. Her excuse was that it's too hard to get the baby in RF'ing since she has 3 across (and her 4 yo isn't using any booster at all :( )

ADS

amy919

Whenever I see someone with an older baby RF or an older child still harnessed, I always wonder if they're on this board or a similar one. How sad is that? I just have no faith in the general population when it comes to car seat safety.

A good friend of mine from my girls' school has her 16 month old FF in an AO. I tried nicely to talk her into RF since that seat RF to 35 pounds even though that's the nicest thing I can say about it. She's seen the crash test videos I've sent her, but still has her FF. She thinks it's too late to turn her back now:( But, I did send the link to the Sioux City crash and that convinced her to take her daughter's car seat on the plane. At least I won one round!

It's sad that people have to SEE a catastophic event to be convinced. To me, the statistics and crash test videos are more than enough to scare me into keeping my kids as safe as possible!

Amy

broken4u05

FF because of 3 across.. Show her a photo of my car. The twins are 18 months almost and both RF and on the weekends i use the seats for my godchildren. My17 month old goddaughter, 3 year old godson both RF and my almost 5 year old godson still harnessed

It is good to see someone ERF even though i do it i still find it funny to see.

scout

I have yet to see another ERF'er, but I was a little too excited to see a Regent in the car next to me in a parking lot yesterday. It's the only one (other than the one in my car) I've seen IRL.

Jennnifer

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I just get excited when I see any convertible rearfacing, even if there's no kid in it! I saw one kid that looked pretty old once RF, a couple years ago... (well, aside from one friend of mine who's an occupational therapist by training and knows how devastating head and spinal injuries can be, SHE was easy to convince!)

:)

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
I have yet to see another ERF'er, but I was a little too excited to see a Regent in the car next to me in a parking lot yesterday. It's the only one (other than the one in my car) I've seen IRL.

Jennnifer

LOL! My friend's mom recently drove me and my two kids somewhere. She had told me not to worry, she had seats for the kids (she has grandchildren the same age/a few years older). I, of course, took seats just in case. Turns out, she had a Wizard for RF for DS2 and a Regent for DS1. I was pleasantly surprised (apparently her DIL had told her what to buy for the kids).

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Very cool!!!!!!

I have actually commented to people I see. You know, one of those "Good for you!" comments. :)

Simplysomething

Dude, I'm totally going to start pronouncing ...ERF'er. (like NERF, minus the N, plus...Er...it's fun to say..)

Hey, are you an 'ERF'er? lol

Signed...

another ERF'er!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Sweet!

There was a lady in my a cappella group who had a son about 15 months old at the time. I happened to glance (*cough* yeah, happened, that's what it was, I happened...) in her car and her seat was RFing! I told her how awesome it was that she was doing that. She said, "Yeah, I heard it's better to keep them that way until they're two." I told her as long as possible, but two was certainly awesome. :)

Made up for the fact that she was an annoying lady to sing next to, had little rhythm, slightly off tune, and never paid attention to anyone else. LOL And she and I just didn't mesh on a personal level.

Wendy

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
LMAO at "erfer". I do say "rf" like "erf" and say that we are still "erfing". And of course "ffing" is "fing".

tchrgrrl

That is so cool! There are TONS of Britax seats around here but the only one I have seen ERF'ing besides mine is my good friend who is ERF'ing #2 because (according to her) "you will kick my butt if I turn her ff'ing early" :D

easterbun

I've never seen someone else who was obvioulsy ERF - but I also have a DD who is definately on the petite side, and honestly she looks more like a one year old than a nearly two year old, so I now I wonder just how many more babies out there like her are ERF but no one realizes they actually are ERF.. :whistle:

oxeye

I've got the same issue with my little ERF'er easterbun. 21 months, 23 pounds and 31" - just a little tinier than yours. :) Most people wouldn't know she's ERF'ing. We just recently stopped getting "That baby looks MUCH too young to be walking" comments.

I was sad to turn DD1 FF'ing recently. She was obviously ERF'ing at 3.5 and 32 pounds and I loved making that kind of statement without having to say a word.

I see a lot of Britax seats around here but I've never seen a Regent/Husky in person. The one I have on order will be my first. I'd be so excited to see one in someone else's car. My sister who lives in the Bay Area saw one in a car the other day and called me to tell me because she knew I'd be excited. LOL It doesn't surprise me as much in that area, though.

natysr

I've got the same issue with my little ERF'er easterbun. 21 months, 23 pounds and 31" - just a little tinier than yours. :) Most people wouldn't know she's ERF'ing. We just recently stopped getting "That baby looks MUCH too young to be walking" comments.

I was sad to turn DD1 FF'ing recently. She was obviously ERF'ing at 3.5 and 32 pounds and I loved making that kind of statement without having to say a word.

I see a lot of Britax seats around here but I've never seen a Regent/Husky in person. The one I have on order will be my first. I'd be so excited to see one in someone else's car. My sister who lives in the Bay Area saw one in a car the other day and called me to tell me because she knew I'd be excited. LOL It doesn't surprise me as much in that area, though.

Same here. My 32 month old son is 23.8 pounds and 34 inches.

I commute from Turlock to San Jose daily, and I've only seen 1 ERFer and 3 Regents.

I do see TONS of britaxs...but, unfortunately it seems that if it isn't a Britax in the bay area, the seat is and overhead sheild type, as I see just as many as those...but not really much in between.

tchrgrrl

My youngest is pretty little too - ~33 inches and 28 pounds at 28 months so it isn't like I am making a big statement either :doh: My other ERF friend has her 4 year old in a Regent (well a Husky) too. We also had the same van until we were in an accident - matching Odysseys, Huskys and MAs! :D She has the only other Regent/Husky I have in my circle of friends but I have seen Regents on occasion in cars around here.

musicmaj

Ha, we are extended rfing and no one would know it. I still get asked if he is walking yet when I am holding him. He is almost 20 months and only 20lbs - plus he is short. He looks like he is just barely 12 months old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC