Measuring shoulder height

Eresh

Okay, this shouldn't be that hard, right? I sat DS1 down against the wall and tried to convince him to sit up straight. His shoulders measured 14". Except I could swear that he's outgrown his AOE by harness height and that should be a 15" harness, right? :scratcheshead:

ADS

christineka

I once measured all my kids' torsos. Then measured again. Then a third time. I got 3 different measurements for each kid. Now I just go by how they fit the car seat and don't worry about the exact measurement.

armywife12

How much room they have in a car seat also depends on how it sits on the vehicle seat so take that into account. Many children lose height ff are the seat is installed so its possible for it to be outgrown before the top slot height is reached. Caleb would have outgrown the myride ff before his torso actually reached 16 inches, or whatever the top slots are.

Eresh

Okay, so maybe I'm not going insane. When he sits in the seat (FF) his shoulders are right at the slots, maybe a quarter inch below, so I should have said almost out-grown. Also looking at the seat again, I think the pad makes him straighten his back up more .. almost an arch, if that makes sense. Whereas when he was sitting against the wall his shoulders were rounding forward.

Anyhow, I've been planning on getting a FR85 or similar combo seat this summer so I'll just move that up a little bit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC