after market car seat cover?

ADS

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Hi everyone! I just purchased an EFT65 but I'm not a fan of the Oh Pattern. I found some really cute car seat covers but I'm wondering if you can tell me if it will compromise the car seat's safety or not. Here's the link.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/69086513/toddler-car-seat-cover-reversable-fits

Thanks for all your help!

There isn't any aftermarket covers that are safe to use. They void the warranty of your carseat...aren't tested with the carseat and don't meet the standards for flame retardants material

but I am sure that on our swap board there might be somebody selling their seat covers

mama d

Seats are not crash tested with these items therefor we don't know how they would perform. As a rule you shouldn't use anything with the car seat that it didn't come with or put anything between the baby and seat besides clothes(expect coats!).

I am sure some CPS's may have a better answer but that is my :twocents:.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Hi everyone! I just purchased an EFT65 but I'm not a fan of the Oh Pattern. I found some really cute car seat covers but I'm wondering if you can tell me if it will compromise the car seat's safety or not. Here's the link.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/69086513/toddler-car-seat-cover-reversable-fits

Thanks for all your help!

There isn't any aftermarket covers that are safe to use. They void the warranty of your carseat...aren't tested with the carseat and don't meet the standards for flame retardants material

Aurezalia

Aftermarket covers are not safe. As said, they do not have the same fire-retardant properties as the covers that come with the seat, in case of car fire.
Another thing to consider is that when covers are made by hand and do not conform to seat like the ones made by the manufacturer, it's entirely possible that the slots in the aftermarket cover will not line up with the slots in the seat shell, interfering with the function of the harness.
And beyond that, of course, they haven't been crash-tested and could cause the seat to malfunction in ways we may not even think of.
The general consensus: Aftermarket covers (And all aftermarket products) are to be avoided. If it didn't come with the seat, don't use it! :thumbsup:

STfizz73

Thank you for your help everyone! Maybe this won't be an issue since I might take back this EFT65 because I just read the thread about the crotch strap fraying. Maybe I'll go with a MyRide 65...

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I wouldn't return a seat because 2 person had a problem with theirs. Who knows, a mouse may have done that... (not saying it did but anything is possible). 1 out of thousands sold would not scare me. 100 out of 1000 yes, but no.

You can get different evenflo covers :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC