KidsEmbrace ... a look

Spam

It arrived this morning, but with three under three I'm kind of busy during the day. I still haven't had a chance to install it, hopefully tomorrow, I'd do it now, but it's dark and raining :( I'll probably do a two part thread. This one is just unboxing and measuring. It is for children who are at least 1 year and 22lbs through 65lbs. And booster at least three years through 100lbs. It is latchable in booster mode.

top slots-16" just over
width at widest- 19.5" at the cupholders
seat depth- 12"
headwings-5" deep flare out to 8"

* I also own a rps, gn, fr85, and maestro, if anyone needs to see it next to something else or has a question comparing it to the others*

The box is a short square, similar to the tf boxes and the square gn boxes. Not very heavy. Heavier than the maestro, lighter than the others. They put a ton info on the box itself.
100_2603.jpg
100_2604.jpg
100_2607.jpg
100_2606.jpg
100_2605.jpg
100_2608.jpg

There are two harness heights, with the top being just over 16" pushing 16.5". To my surprise A still fit with about .5" of growing room, unistalled anyways. He's over the top on the blvd70 which I thought had 16.75" top slots?
100_2609.jpg

The headrest adjustment is basically just for booster mode. It has a push in slide up adjustment in the back. I don't like it, and found it hard to adjust up, it adjust downward easy enough but pulling it up was difficult.
100_2622.jpg

The backside
100_2626.jpg

The beltguide
100_2625.jpg

**continued**

ADS

Spam

Buckle tongues
100_2621.jpg

Buckle
100_2630.jpg
100_2634.jpg

Behind the seat pad. I didn't totally undress him ;)
100_2628.jpg

Behind the headwings, the manual said it was removable, but it looks like the glue from glueing the gray foam on wasn't dry when they put the cover on and it pulled up when I took it off.
100_2623.jpg

Under the bum
100_2629.jpg

harness covers (very thick)
100_2635.jpg

cupholders- the white snack tray is moveable to either side.
100_2632.jpg
100_2633.jpg

Latch storage- Latch is usable up to 40lbs in harness mode, but it is also useable in booster mode.
100_2631.jpg

Overall, it isn't as bad as I was expecting, it's not the greatest either. It says easily removable seat pad, but it's not that easy. Lots of little clips and stretchy bands. The "arms" seem a little flimsy, they could break if a heavier child decided to climb on them I think. It's cute though, if you like squarepants.

TerisBoys

Interesting that the box has the Euro "stages" on it.

I'm still reserving judgment on it. To ME it still looks like a Cosco seat, especially with all the ties and stuff for the cover.

tarabelle

So it's 19.5" at the cupholders, it looks very narrow in the seat area itself.

It doesn't look nearly as garish in your pics.

Handcupholders still give me the heebs though LOL

On the part with the glue sticking to the headrest cover, it appears that it is either missing a chunk of the gray comfort foam? Or is it just how it pulled off?

I'll be interested to see what the lowest slot measurement is too

BabyKaykes

So far I see one down side that would keep me away from it if I were your average car seat shopper...

It doesn't look like the headret comes down closer to those bottom slots. I'd want those wings around my 1-2yos head if I wwere going to FF them.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
And the headrest doesn't come in, huh? I foresee headless Spongebob seats (not as much risk with the other "characters" because they have the actual HEAD on the headrest, from what I've seen) as well as headless Nautis in the future.

The back looks very straight, so maybe that's why, like the Radian, it would give a little more harness height than it "should" according to measurement.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Know what I like? the yellow harness. :eek:
I did like that! Harness webbing comes in so many colors, we never see the fun ones! Some of the really old infant buckets had blue, but that's about as "wild" as it ever got. I've seen some stylin' old 80s cars with burgundy seatbelts, I want a car seat with burgundy harness! :D
So is the whole buckle assembly plastic then? I'm not sure I could handle that.

Eh, they do it in Europe... It's much harder plastic than what's used even for the shells of the car seats. I don't have a problem with it as long as it functions.

TerisBoys

I did like that! Harness webbing comes in so many colors, we never see the fun ones! Some of the really old infant buckets had blue, but that's about as "wild" as it ever got. I've seen some stylin' old 80s cars with burgundy seatbelts, I want a car seat with burgundy harness! :D

Evenflo in the mid-90's had royal blue as well as bright red. And Gerry had teal/turquoise.

Went well with the bright primary paint-splattery covers.

Baylor

I don't like the plastic buckle either. Plastic no matter how hard is still not metal. That would be it for me.

morninglori

The buckles aren't just plastic. According to the Sabelt product catalog, they are metal and plastic.

B U C K L E S - G R O U P 1
OLYMPIA 62 Specific for 5 points seatbelt
Co-moulded body with metal insert
Coated tongues to provide heat insulation
Central push button system
Light weight (101 gr). Specific for US market
Meets FMVSS 213 Regulation

from here: http://win.sabeltspace.com/public/download/cat_infanzia.pdf

I was scoping the sabelt site when some guy posted on the KE page about how awsome these harness were and I went looking. Sabelt has been producing primarily european harnesses. Most of the buckles seem to be puzzle ones and the one the KE seat uses is one of the only ones that isn't.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC