Longing for CooMoo...

Baylor

I am definitely getting a FR85 cow moo for DS2. But I can not decide if I want a FR85 for DS1 or a Parkway SG.. ( I can not find the SGL in Cowmoo..) .

I had some unforeseen expenses this month so I have to wait 2 more weeks.

Opinions???

ADS

hrice

Unless your 6.5 year old has behavior or medical issues that prevented him from being able to use a booster you should just go with the Parkway. Does your DS1 like Cowmoo?

Kat_Momof3

I don't know... I guess what I would do would depend on price of the frontier 85 and on if your DS1 could (and WOULD) use it in harnessed mode at all.

A big part of me is STILLLLLLL tempted to find the funds and track one down to put Ruthie in a Frontier 80 (in pink) in booster mode... but then I stop myself... EVERY TIME... even when they were relatively easy to find in swap.

Baylor

I thought about just getting the SG but I was thinking that we plan to do a lot of traveling this summer in the car and he may be sleeping a lot in the car.

Baylor

I don't know... I guess what I would do would depend on price of the frontier 85 and on if your DS1 could (and WOULD) use it in harnessed mode at all.

A big part of me is STILLLLLLL tempted to find the funds and track one down to put Ruthie in a Frontier 80 (in pink) in booster mode... but then I stop myself... EVERY TIME... even when they were relatively easy to find in swap.

He would use it in harness mode. I need to try it in my van installed to make sure he has the room he had in the store, but he would use that way. He likes being in the back seat by himself and being able to do it without help.

christineka

I have a cowmoo frontier85 and I am in love. I wish could keep it. It's expensive, can make me money, and my kids are all short. I don't need one. Now if the harness height adjusted from the front or side, I think I might be able to justify keeping it. The seat is very nice. I'd like to just keep it around to pet.

If you are waffling on harnessing your older ds, go for the frontier. You can use it harnessed or not. It's good for piece of mind. My ds was harnessed and boostered from 5- almost 8 years old. I'm tempted to make him ride in the cow seat.

glockchick

Unless your 6.5 year old has behavior or medical issues that prevented him from being able to use a booster you should just go with the Parkway. Does your DS1 like Cowmoo?

I'm using the fact that my 6.5 year old's shoulder belt is always at the edge of her shoulder in her booster to justify a FR85 for her. She wants red though so no cow for me other than DS's MA.

tarabelle

Cow is soo pretty... we had a cowmoo ma at our check today for our class. It was sooo purttty. I wanted to take it home...

I am cow.. hear me moo................

and you can use the seat for your youngest DS right?

Baylor

Cow is soo pretty... we had a cowmoo ma at our check today for our class. It was sooo purttty. I wanted to take it home...

I am cow.. hear me moo................

and you can use the seat for your youngest DS right?

The youngest is definitely getting one. Just waffling on DS1 choice..

tarabelle

totally enabling here:

you have 3 DS

cow will last what? 9 years is it?at 229 if you get all 9 years out of it that is $25/yr.

4 years use is about 50/yr

now, think about your average infant carrier.. $135 range now? gets used for most for less than a year right?

so, therefore, a cowmoo fr85 for ds1 is a reasonable economic expense when compared to an infant carrier :D

just sayin..:p

Baylor

totally enabling here:

you have 3 DS

cow will last what? 9 years is it?at 229 if you get all 9 years out of it that is $25/yr.

4 years use is about 50/yr

now, think about your average infant carrier.. $135 range now? gets used for most for less than a year right?

so, therefore, a cowmoo fr85 for ds1 is a reasonable economic expense when compared to an infant carrier :D

just sayin..:p

Just get it then:evil grin:

If you plan on harnessing DS1 then go for it.

I only have 2 DS. One is 6 and one is a BIG 3.

How do kids sleep in the PWSG? And does the SGL come in cowmoo? I can not find it anywhere?

christineka

The sg comes in cowmoo. I assume the "l" version would as well. Kids in boosters can lay their heads against the wings. If your kid needs support to stay in position, I'd look at a different booster like the monterey or vivo. (Except those don't come in cow.)

ETA- I checked britax and cowmoo doesn't come on the sgl. I'd bet that it will. You should ask around to see if the sg cover will fit on the sgl.

SignCuer

I can't find it in SGL, but I found one here in SG: http://babies1st.com/p-135803-britax-parkway-sg-booster-car-seat.aspx. It's a short wait and 5 percent off.. But I'm gonna say this:

Get the Frontier85! It comes in CowMoo and it's a booster, it's also capable of latching. I loved my Frontier85 but couldn't adjust for different kids everyday. (BUT when I have my own kids or start fostering.... COWMOO FRONTIER85 WILL BE IN MY CAR!!! Now to convince them to make horsey print... :whistle: I love horses!)

ETA: it doesn't come in cowmoo in SGL version.. checked the britax website. :( Now more of the reason for you to get a Frontier. He can switch it from both versions and it's easy for me to do it.

Baylor

Tarabelle thought I had 3 DS's.. I was clarifying.. lol.. Still don't have the quote feature perfect..

Kat_Momof3

He would use it in harness mode. I need to try it in my van installed to make sure he has the room he had in the store, but he would use that way. He likes being in the back seat by himself and being able to do it without help.

I'm using the fact that my 6.5 year old's shoulder belt is always at the edge of her shoulder in her booster to justify a FR85 for her. She wants red though so no cow for me other than DS's MA.

This is why I'm glad they make seats that will harness kids past age 6, when most kids can use a booster... because these are both reasons to harness.

Baylor, I'd buy it... since he'll use it in harness mode, that justifies it to me... even if he only uses it that way for another year, I know that he is one who likes independence and a 5-point harness is easier to do up for a child than a booster.

Of course, then I thought about what I like about it as a booster and realized... why would that be the only reason?? I wish you could simply pay less for it... purchase it without the harnesses/buckle so that you didn't have to pay for the part you don't use, but if I had the money to afford to buy one for booster-only use, I might do that (I'd also be looking at the Oobr)

I do not like the parkway sg/sgl... I just don't... I love how tall it goes... but the way it fits smaller booster riders in terms of the shoulderbelt... combined with the narrow seat portion... I just don't like it. I loved the original parkway... I'm not feeling remotely anything like that for the SG/SGL.

luckyclov

My DS1 sleeps just fine in his PWSG - he usually just rests his head against the sidewing(s)...or rests his head straight back with his mouth wide open.:p It's not my favorite booster, to be honest, but it's the only one that works in the 3rd row of my minivan, so it has to be.

A few months ago, I bought a FR85 for my 6.5-year old DD. I only did so because she is not yet mature enough to sit properly in a highback booster (fulltime) without constant - and I do mean constant - reminders. She also has Asperger's and low tone. She's 47", however, and on the top slot (less than an inch of growing room left), so she won't be able to be harnessed for much longer.

If she were mature enough to sit properly in a booster all of the time, I wouldn't have gotten the FR85. I would have just gotten her a HBB. So, if your older DS is mature enough and responsible enough to sit properly in a booster, I'd just go with a PWSG in Cowmoo (I haven't yet seen an SGL in Cowmoo)...assuming, of course, it fits him and your vehicle well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC