Convince me to push the button on two FRs

glockchick

Abigail needs it for height, but I already have one.

I know I hate the GN headslump in my car.

I know I don't care for the Maestro's short seat depth and narrow seating area.

I know I'll be happiest with the FR85's, but dang that's a lot of money. And Kaleigh will only need two seats for the next 3 months or so. And I can't get a FR to install right in one of the seats I need it in so I'll have to have a GN or something else in that one spot anyway. Though I'm going to give it one more try to get it installed properly there. If I can get it to install there right, I'll do it for sure.

So I can only have 2 FRs and 1 GN or Maestro in my truck anyway. And if I get one more I'll have that.

I guess I could get one FR85 and one Maestro but...but...but... Grrrr. Why must I obsess over this stuff?

ADS

glockchick

I got it to work!!!! I squeezed another half twist out of the buckle and it seems to have fixed my loosening problem.

Now my truck with have 3 FR85's. Abigail wants the red one we already have. Kaleigh wants pink, and I'm picking blue for CJ. :D

So which kid do I not tether when we have all 3 in there. I can only tether two.

Do I not tether the oldest kid or the lightest? Abi's only 47 lbs so none of them require the tether yet. I'm leaning towards the oldest because she's the most developed, correct?

ILoveMy3Boys

OMG! So playing around on Target's website tonight I noticed the seats were on sale for $223.99. But because I'm a AAA member I get another 10% off making each seat $201.60. If you have a AAA membership all you have to do is go to AAA's website, log in and then go to the discount tab, pull up Target's website and the discount will show up in the check out process. Now the latest they'll be here is the 14th!

ETA - Also shipping was free...

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Be aware that your tether anchor has a weight limit. If your vehicle doesn't specify, you are to assume a 40 lb limit.

(I hated typing that!!!)

glockchick

Really? I had no clue tether anchors had weight limits. Than what are we supposed to do with all these HWH seats?

CTPDMom

glockchick said:
Really? I had no clue tether anchors had weight limits. Than what are we supposed to do with all these HWH seats?

That's exactly what us techs asked when we were told that.

This is one of those parental 'hard decisions'.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
CTPDMom said:
Be aware that your tether anchor has a weight limit. If your vehicle doesn't specify, you are to assume a 40 lb limit.

(I hated typing that!!!)

I probably wouldn't have mentioned it. :whistle:

CTPDMom

No, see, that's the point.

We aren't getting anywhere with the powers that be. The masses are going to have to start speaking up for anything to change.

I have a responsibility to give all of the information.

I am also happy to tell parents that I have not removed the tether from my 44lb child's seat.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
CTPDMom said:
I have a responsibility to give all of the information.

And that's the problem, too. We're being told NOT to give all the information. Giving all the information (at least all the information we have) points to continued use of the tether. It's the seemingly arbitrary statement from the vehicle manufacturers committee that provides almost no information.

(I realize I'm preaching to the choir. Just venting.)

glockchick

I'll use mine too. They're freakin' cargo anchors in a Suburban. I'm pretty sure they can hold my 47 lb kid. Lol!

That said, I don't think I can do it. As a newly single mom with no job yet it would be irresponsible of me to spend $420 on car seats when I can get two perfectly safe Maestros for $171.32. Or even GN's for $339.27.

And by the time they outgrow those, I won't need seats in my little car and they can use the GN and FR85 that I already have in the suburban, and Abi will be in a booster. I want the FR's, but I don't need them. :(

I'm going to call Evenflo and ask if it's ok to remove the chest clip or replace it with a Britax clip on Monday. I hate the one that's on it.

gigi

You can order the old evenflo chest clips from TRU online (or pick one up in store if they stock them). I just called Evenflo and they said I could use one on my new Maestro. The old evenflo clips are very similar to the Britax.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC