Looking for a double jogging stroller

oxeye

Basically, I just need something to take on walks outdoors with the kids this summer. I can't justify spending much.

This is the cheapest one I can find - http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...443.2255983.2256189.2256202&parentPage=family . Do you think I'll hate it? I had the single version a long time ago and it was okay. I didn't hate it or love it.

We've got great walking trails around here and I'm done with school next week so we'll have lots of free time during the day. I'm just itching to get out of the house and I just can't take both girls on walks with the Triumph and buggy board. ;)

ADS

oxeye

Is a front swivel wheel important to you?

I managed before with my other jogging stroller that didn't have a swivel option. But it was only one kid then. It don't know how much heavier it will be with the two of them.

Are there are not insanely expensive double joggers with a swivel front wheel?

I found this one on the target site too - http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=sc_ri_2/602-0244499-7845447?ie=UTF8&asin=B000MQOP9Y. Only $20 more than the Baby Trend. But still doesn't have the swivel wheel.

lovinwaves

OOoo that one is super cute!

If you can do away with a swivel wheel that will definitely save you some money.

I don't know much about the lower end of double joggers, but have heard the Instep, and Schwinn are just fine.

If you do a search on the forum for double joggers you will see some threads I started or posted in regarding cheaper double joggers.

If you can't find them let me know, and I will help provide the links for you.

-Melissa-

oxeye

Cool - I'll look for the threads you posted. :)

The instep looks really cute, the only problem is they don't sell it in the stores. I really want something I can test out in the store before I buy at least. That and I like immediate gratification. I already have to wait until the end of June or July for DD1's new Regent. If I'm going to buy another baby thing I want it NOW. LOL

I think the Baby Trend might be the only one I can buy locally, though. :(

lovinwaves

Try your local resale shops. Our "Once upon a Child" sells brand new Instep Double strollers.

Good luck! And, um....I hear ya on the "instant Gratification" LOL! :D

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Try your local resale shops. Our "Once upon a Child" sells brand new Instep Double strollers.

I haven't been in a "Once Upon a Child" in years, but I remember that the last time I was in one, they were selling brand new Graco Snugride carseat (5-point but with the old-style base) for something ridiculous like $100. I think the seats were selling in stores for about 25-50% less than that!!!!!!!

Is your "Once Upon a Child" reasonable priced?

lovinwaves

I haven't been in a "Once Upon a Child" in years, but I remember that the last time I was in one, they were selling brand new Graco Snugride carseat (5-point but with the old-style base) for something ridiculous like $100. I think the seats were selling in stores for about 25-50% less than that!!!!!!!

Is your "Once Upon a Child" reasonable priced?

^^^ OH MY!! LOL!!

Patriot, I have actually never been to the store. My friend was just telling me they have them there. But, now that you mention it I think I remember their price being quite a bit higher than what you can find them online for. Also, you would have to pay sales tax :(

oxeye

Well, we went down to BRU to check out the double jogger they have. It's fine but sooooo heavy with both the kids in it that I really think I do want the swivel front wheel for a little more ease of steering.

What do you think of this one? http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5614710 Only $190 and I can have it shipped to my store just down the street for free. Anyone tried this one out?

oxeye

Yeah, I think that one would be great!! Also, check out this website too, if you decide you can wait LOL!! www.returns4sale.com

LOL I just found that site in one of your old posts. :)

Yeah, right now I'm leaning towards the instep one, just ordering and hoping for the best. But I'm going to research a bit more still and watch the site. Too bad those MBUD on there aren't a lot more discounted. ;)

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
My Once Upon a Child is hit or miss price wise (I have gotten some fantastic deals there). However, I've also seen used joggers at Play It Again Sports and most bike shops carry joggers (new and use) as well.

Check Craigslist and your local garage sale ads. I found a garage sale with an almost new Trek trail-a-bike two weeks after I started watching the paper!

oxeye

Okay, I did it! I bought the Dreamer Design one. It had way more features that I like plus it's so much cuter than the InStep (what can I say - I'm vain).

I'll just have to do a lot of walking to justify the extra cost! Or maybe I'll search through the house for things I can sell on craigslist. :whistle:

I can't wait to get it. It's killing me that I have to wait for it to ship.

lovinwaves

Okay, I did it! I bought the Dreamer Design one. It had way more features that I like plus it's so much cuter than the InStep (what can I say - I'm vain).

I'll just have to do a lot of walking to justify the extra cost! Or maybe I'll search through the house for things I can sell on craigslist. :whistle:

I can't wait to get it. It's killing me that I have to wait for it to ship.

Oh Congrats!!!! Please post some pix once you get it. That green is a beaut!!

I have heard the DD's are very tall, so I hope you aren't short LOL!

oxeye

Oh Congrats!!!! Please post some pix once you get it. That green is a beaut!!

I have heard the DD's are very tall, so I hope you aren't short LOL!

I love the green too. Is it sad that was the deciding factor for me?? :eek: I think it's a prettier stroller than the InStep.

I'm average height - 5'6" but DH is 6'2" so I'm sure he'll be thrilled with it. :) And I don't mind pushing a tall stroller. Better that than a short one IMO.

I'll definitely post pics when I get it! I can't believe I'm this excited about a silly stroller.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
The dimensions may be different on the newer ones, but I'm 5'6", and I never thought my old Ditto was "too tall."

oxeye

The dimensions may be different on the newer ones, but I'm 5'6", and I never thought my old Ditto was "too tall."

Good to know! Thanks! I've read conflicting things regarding whether or not the handle height is adjustable on this model.

It shipped this morning. :D Hopefully I'll have it in a few days.

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The Ditto has a better resale most likely ;) Definately post pics when you can, I have no need for a double but green is one of my fav colors too! Currently most of my collection is red and black and it's getting bit boring I must say.

oxeye

Less than 48 hours until I have my stroller now! Tracking says it should be here on Tuesday. :D I was sad when I saw how long it would take to ship (coming from the other side of the country) but I'm getting very excited knowing it is almost here.

Pictures will definitely be posted on Tuesday. Hopefully it will be delivered early in the day so I can take it for a test drive right away!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC