Trade show ideas anyone?

melissainbc

So I'm doing a CPS table at a big-ish Health and Wellness Fair at the end of the month and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of what I can do to entice people to my table to ask questions? I just did another baby related event on the weekend and although I had a whole bunch of people asking questions, I'd like to see more people stopping and taking a look and talking. People were more interested in the other products at the past event but I think this one will be better for car seat info :)

I have access to the BCAA/ICBC handouts but other than that, anything I put together will be out of my pocket so I don't want to spend a bunch of money. I have a bi-fold poster board that I can put a bunch of info on to but not quite sure what to focus on. It should be easy to understand and quick to read. I've noticed that people walking by only stop for a couples of seconds so I need to find quick, to the point stuff to put on it. Are there any good ERF PDFs out there that I could print off for those interested? I could probably bring an iPad along to show some videos to people willing to stick around for a minute and watch.

Thanks!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I always thought it would be fun (well, from a car-seat-geek perspective) to do a "spot the misuse" game. Like have a doll in an infant seat with loose straps, harness above the shoulders, and belly clip. Anyone who spots one of the problems gets a Tootsie Roll or something.

LittlePeanut

People at these shows like FREE stuff. Regardless if it's related, if it's free, they'll stop. Trust me on this ;) I found getting people to enter a draw for something (anything!) will generally make them stop long enough to look and pay attention. Can you get some donations of "stuff" from local businesses if you offer to attach their business card to the prize/basket?

Get them to give you contact info as well as ages/weight/current seats for each child. Basically, something that will take several minutes to fill out (in return for a chance to win the basket), then give them the schpeel as they enter. They usually come in pairs or groups so there is someone to listen while the other fills out the info :)

selinajean

When I did the kindy fair here last year I had pictures of James on a board. There was one proper use booster photo and numerous common misuse booster and seatbelt photos. When each child came around to my table I quickly went over why we use a booster and how it helps to improve safety. Then I had them point out the misuse areas in the photos.

Photo printing was donated by a local camera/finishing shop. Prizes for the kids were organic fruit lollipops from the health food store. (The Moms loved that they didn't have any added sugar or artificial dyes.)

I also had Zellers loan me some seats. You may be able to get your Zellers or BRU to do the same. I found that the Nautilus was a big draw, with it being a tall harnessed seat. People seemed to notice that it looks different and were intrigued.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC