Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Parkway belt guide required?

Does anyone know off the top of their head if the belt guide on the Parkway is required to be used? I'll call Britax in the morning, but if anyone can save me a call that would be great.

I am working on three across a GMC Envoy with a Radian, a Parkway, and a Chicco infant seat. I would prefer to put the Parkway in the middle so I can use latch for the Radian, but the GMC has a funky shoulderbelt in the middle that lies flat on the seat, and doesn't want to go sideways through the Parkway's belt guide. The fit is fine without the belt guide, and I didn't see anything in the manual, but I wanted confirmation.
    Tam
    Mom to two long-torsoed girls and one boy!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Parkway belt guide required?

I'd have to check our manual, but I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Yep, you are correct, both the Parkway and Star Riser shoulder belt guides are required.

Back to the drawing board, I'll start a new thread about that center seating position.
    Tam

I have an Envoy XL (same but with a 3rd row) and 2 of the seats you are working with. In my second row I can put a Radian on the drivers side (installed via LATCH), a safeseat w/base in the middle, and a Parkway out board passenger side.

My baby is 19 mo and I have no problem removing the carrier from the center, or securing her in the harness. I find it is easier to reach over the Parkaway to get it her or the carrier in and out.I have tried reaching over the Radian and I find it easier to get to from the passenger side. Infact I put a Regent in the Parkway's place yesterday, still easy in and out. Hope that helps!
    Last edited by ckscruz; 05-08-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Have you tried the Radian in the center with the belt yet? Unfortunately the vehicle is grandma's, so lifting the baby into the middle is a no go And I have an ape armed 4 year old who likes to figure out how things work....I'm afraid even harnessed in so tight she turns colors she'll still be able to reach the baby's feet, hands, etc.

Check the other post for details
    Tam