Parkway belt guide required?

Ahzryn

Does anyone know off the top of their head if the belt guide on the Parkway is required to be used? I'll call Britax in the morning, but if anyone can save me a call that would be great.

I am working on three across a GMC Envoy with a Radian, a Parkway, and a Chicco infant seat. I would prefer to put the Parkway in the middle so I can use latch for the Radian, but the GMC has a funky shoulderbelt in the middle that lies flat on the seat, and doesn't want to go sideways through the Parkway's belt guide. The fit is fine without the belt guide, and I didn't see anything in the manual, but I wanted confirmation.

ADS

Ahzryn

Yep, you are correct, both the Parkway and Star Riser shoulder belt guides are required.

Back to the drawing board, I'll start a new thread about that center seating position.

ckscruz

I have an Envoy XL (same but with a 3rd row) and 2 of the seats you are working with. In my second row I can put a Radian on the drivers side (installed via LATCH), a safeseat w/base in the middle, and a Parkway out board passenger side.

My baby is 19 mo and I have no problem removing the carrier from the center, or securing her in the harness. I find it is easier to reach over the Parkaway to get it her or the carrier in and out.I have tried reaching over the Radian and I find it easier to get to from the passenger side. Infact I put a Regent in the Parkway's place yesterday, still easy in and out. Hope that helps!:)

Last edited:

Ahzryn

Have you tried the Radian in the center with the belt yet? Unfortunately the vehicle is grandma's, so lifting the baby into the middle is a no go :( And I have an ape armed 4 year old who likes to figure out how things work....I'm afraid even harnessed in so tight she turns colors she'll still be able to reach the baby's feet, hands, etc. :(

Check the other post for details :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC