Cybex Aton Infant Seat- Coming Soon

ADS

bbartlettnfld

Unless they have totally revamped the seat I doubt that any infant will make it to 32lbs in it. I saw them last year overseas when I bought my Callisto stroller, and while light weight I found it to have a very short shell.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It had a decent shell, taller than the SnugRide 30, I think, when I saw it at KIM. (See post on Carseatblog for details...) It was kind of hard to judge exactly how tall it was because it was nice and deep, almost as deep as the Orbit seat, though. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Cute, but looks like the handle has to be down in 'drive mode' which is right at the top of the shell and most interfering with the front passengers' ability to push their seats back...?

Infant seats all have insanely high weight limits now, so I've almost stopped thinking about that completely. Height limits are really more important (butt to top of head would be the best measurement, but no one knows THAT, lol)

armywife12

joolsplus3 said:
Cute, but looks like the handle has to be down in 'drive mode' which is right at the top of the shell and most interfering with the front passengers' ability to push their seats back...?

Infant seats all have insanely high weight limits now, so I've almost stopped thinking about that completely. Height limits are really more important (butt to top of head would be the best measurement, but no one knows THAT, lol)

On the first link provided, the company states that the handle must be in the upright position when installed. This would be the carry position, correct?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The coolest thing about the seat was how the base pretensioner tightens the install for you. I liked the 2-stage safety release as well.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
On the first link provided, the company states that the handle must be in the upright position when installed. This would be the carry position, correct?

I was just watching the video on the main page, if it's wrong, I'm happy :)

Dillipop

I was just watching the video on the main page, if it's wrong, I'm happy :)

In the linked thread, cybex says that the video is the European version. The main differences between the Euro version and US are- handle upright US, down Euro. US no foot prop, Euro foot prop. Cybex even says it's confusing, since the video and all pictures are of the Euro seat, not US.

BananaBoat

Can we rally the troops who are going to Lifesavers to do a preview on this seat? It looks really fun. I'm curious to know 3 things:

1. Will this really fit a 4# n00b?
  2. Does it looks like it will work well with a Snap & Go or Phil & Ted's?
  3. General comparisons to the KF30?

Dillipop

I don't know anything about this seat. However, I have the Cybex Topaz stroller and it pretty much rocks. The fold is a little big, but overall a great stroller with all the features.

The best part though? Cybex sells a car seat adapter for their strollers. My Companion fits great on it and is very secure. It makes a pretty nice travel system. I'm sure that once this infant seat comes out, it'll make a nice system as well.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
The rep from Cybex said in that post that the retail price will be $199, not much more than a KeyFit.

I guess its just in perspective...I think a keyfit at full price is ridiculous now when its on sale for 150...Its just not good for mommies on a mad budget :)

and the bases are 100 dollars a piece

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
For that it should...I dk I guess I'd rather spend less on the infant seat (or skip the infant seat) and spend money on a convertible thats going to last WAY longer

Well, I don't use buckets so I'm with you on that. ;)

But FWIW, the Aton base DOES almost do it all for you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC