What constitutes a 5 point harness?

Cilia

I always thought it was shoulder, shoulder, hip, hip and crotch. Today I was told that the crotch part is wrong, the 5th point is the chest clip. Which one is it?

ADS

Qarin

Because... nobody's perfect.

Let it slide- choose your battles... there will be more to choose from, I suspect.

Cilia

I will let it slide. And I will give the wrong answer if it comes up on the test. I just needed to know I was right... :whistle: And If I had not been, I would know and not give out the wrong information anymore.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Ask, out of curiosity, of course, then how Europeans have five point harnesses since they do not allow chest clips. They require one click emergency release, just in case, so the buckle is it.

:whistle:

Wendy

Cilia

I tried that. But I think I ask too many questions... :eek: I should just listen I guess. And not be so passionate about the whole thing. Easy for me to say, waaaaay harder for me to do.:eek:

christineka

I was reading the course manual that is online (2007) and it correctly states what constitutes a five point harness. If it is correct in your course materials, then you should probably give the correct answer on the test. It's possible that the instructor just had a moment where they couldn't remember things correctly.

Pixels

I was reading the course manual that is online (2007) and it correctly states what constitutes a five point harness. If it is correct in your course materials, then you should probably give the correct answer on the test. It's possible that the instructor just had a moment where they couldn't remember things correctly.

:yeahthat: The answer key will have been written by the same people who wrote the course manual.

Cilia

I will look it up today, if I have the time and remember that. Since it is an open book exam, I guess I can always write that according to page x in the book it is...

Thanks for pointing this out! :thumbsup:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I find it frustrating that instructors are teaching new techs bad information.

hrice

Oh man! I'm taking the course later this year. Misinformation will make my blood boil. If the students are taught wrong then they go out into the field and teach parents wrong! Ugh! No wonder so many people have bad experiences with techs.

Smile and nod Heather. Smile and nod.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Also, be sure to look up the location of the nearest emergency room to your class location. If you're like me, you will need to proceed there when class is over to have your tongue stitched up (from biting it so much)! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC