Daydreaming about new vehicles

Kellyr2

It'll be at least 2 yrs, I think, before we get something new, but I've been daydreaming today.
I installed my kids seats in a friend's Suburban and was super impressed. Very easy to get them in, and you could easily install 6 seats in there. Even if one per row was a Regent, as long as the other two weren't super wide ones. As it was, I had a MA, SS1, and some combo seat. Now, I want a suburban so i can have plenty of room for all my kids, (3 so far, 1 more in a couple years) plus cargo.
Next up, I saw the commercial for the new Mazda cx9. it says it h as more room than a bunch of SUVs that have the 3rd tiny row, and looking at the website, i believe it. I just wonder really, how tiny that 3rd row is. And I wonder if I could manage 3 in a row with one of the 3 being a Husky. I was just looking at the specs, and it says 3 sets of LATCH in the 2nd row - no mention of tethers in the 3rd. I like it.

What are other really good cars that you could comfortably fit 6 with 4 of those being carseats (if we were talking about my family specifically, in a couple years that would be 1 booster, either another booster or a Husky, a MA and another infant seat or whatever snazzy new convertibles are out (recaro?) or now, the Husky, MA, ss1 )

All of the options I've looked at have too high a price tag. Man, i thought my $370/mo was bad on the van!

ADS

Loves2sing

The 3rd row in the Mazda CX9 is small, but it would very comfortably fit car seats no problem. It is a nice looking vehicle, and it's pretty fun to drive too. I would go for that. I may be wrong, but I think I have heard rumours about the Suburban being discontinued. I would have to ask my dh, as he is the car nut in the family. One thing that I would recommend, if at all possible for you, is to attend a car show before buying a new vehicle. you can check out any SUV you've been dreaming about all in one place. I go to our local show every year, and we also have attended the SEMA show in Las Vegas. While I am bored to tears by the time my dh is finished, I have resorted to taking along another family, so that I can leave with my friend much earlier, so our hubbys can drool over the new car scent long after we have the kids down for a nap at home. it makes car shopping SOOO much easier though!

skaterbabs

yep, my suburban is a breeze to install seats in and the newer ones are suposed to be even better.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The CX-9's 3rd row has tons of space for even adults... the second row slides forward & back into three different positions... the only problem is that there are NO tether anchors in the 3rd row! The third row also only seats two, not three. There is tons of space in the second row for three across... even if one of those three is a Husky/Regent.

I'm really intrigued by the new '08 Grand Caravan coming out with the swivel n' go seating. Our lease is up on our van in May '08 & I'm getting the itch for a new ride!;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC