Just noticed this!!!

Sunshy9

That can NOT be an acceptable latch!

In the interior pictures of the Odyssey on the Honda website, its the last picture on the right side of thumbnail shots, there is a picture of a carseat, Graco I think, in the plus one middle seat in the second row. It's an animated sequence and in the second part when the whole seat is moved forward, you can see they latched the carseat on to a plastic part of the seat!!

Not Cool Honda. :thumbsdown:

Anyone else see it?

http://automobiles.honda.com/odyssey/interior-photos.aspx

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Sorry, which seat do you mean it's attached to plastic? the vehicle seat? or the child seat? For the vehicle seat, I see the latch straps attached onto black, metal, lower anchors. I am irked they don't have the top tether attached.

I'm not sure which child seat that is, but the latch strap comes out very far forward, do they have it in the correct belt path?

Sunshy9

Sorry, which seat do you mean it's attached to plastic? the vehicle seat? or the child seat? For the vehicle seat, I see the latch straps attached onto black, metal, lower anchors. I am irked they don't have the top tether attached.

I'm not sure which child seat that is, but the latch strap comes out very far forward, do they have it in the correct belt path?

The carseat's latch are attached to the Ody's plus one middle seat. That middle seat in that van does not have latch. I test drove one on monday and I know for a fact there are NO latch anchors in that middle seat!

I don't think they do, it looks like they attached it forward facing, but with the latch belt in the rearfacing belt path.
Its just looked like a Graco Comfort Sport to me

In the 1st picture at the top, the child's harness isn't tight enough either.

HEVY

When the seat is moved up you can see the tether strap under the headrest going down the back, tether hook must be under the seat.

Last edited:

Sunshy9

It can't be, like I said I just put my carseats in the Ody on Monday to see if they would all fit, (I need 6 kids to fit back there) and that middle seat does not have Latch Anchors.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The LATCH strap seems to be coming from the RF belt path.

That looks like a ComfortSport.
Ya, figured it was the wrong belt path.

When the seat is moved up you can see the tether strap under the headrest going down the back, tether hook must be under the seat.
Thanks Hevy. I missed that the first time but I see it now.

It can't be, like I said I just put my carseats in the Ody on Monday to see if they would all fit, (I need 6 kids to fit back there) and that middle seat does not have Latch Anchors.
The animated pic and the brochure says it does. :) Here's the bit from the brochure (link):

Lower Anchors (2nd-row all, 3rd-row outboard),Tether Anchors (2nd-row all, 3rd-row all)

Maybe you were thinking of the 3rd row centre seat?

TerisBoys

On the plus 1 seat, down towards the bottom of the seatback there are 2 vertical plastic plates that hide the LATCH anchors. You can see them in those pictures.

Someone posted pics here within the last week or so because of issues they were having with seats hitting on the plastic casings. I don't have time to search right now, though.

Sunshy9

Maybe you were thinking of the 3rd row centre seat?

No, not the 3rd row.

Then I just must have missed it when I installed my MyRide there. On a good note, I got a really tight install with the seatbelt in that middle seat in the 2nd row with the MR rf.

Sorry to freak out, but I'm looking at getting an Ody this spring and want to make sure I have the most options available to me for seating as I will have 6 kids in carseats back there.

Thanks Ladies :thanx!:

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
We've had several articles on the 2011 Odyssey on CarseatBlog.com. Kecia covered carseats extensively in it, so you might find looking at some of her pictures helpful! Don't worry about freakouts--we've all BTDT and will continue to when it comes to kids' safety :). And you've got 6 to fit back there! :eek:

http://carseatblog.com/6854/2011-honda-odyssey-review-kids-family-and-safety/
http://carseatblog.com/6891/2011-honda-odyssey-review-part-ii-kids-family-and-safety/
http://carseatblog.com/8090/2011-ho...ids-carseats-review-with-tons-of-pics-videos/
http://carseatblog.com/8990/the-safest-and-most-flexible-family-vehicle/

Sunshy9

We've had several articles on the 2011 Odyssey on CarseatBlog.com. Kecia covered carseats extensively in it, so you might find looking at some of her pictures helpful! Don't worry about freakouts--we've all BTDT and will continue to when it comes to kids' safety :). And you've got 6 to fit back there! :eek:

Yes I've seen her Review and it was very helpful!
Thanks for the other sites, and understanding

And yes 6! Here's my thread about it:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=160696

Jillian

That looks like a ComfortSport.

It is. I have one. The pattern is called Creighton. Was bought at Target for my babyshower. DS outgrew it RF @ 12 months, now I know why everyone hates it!:thumbsdown:

ETA: There's a picture of DS @ 10.5 months in the CS in my sig.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC