Hmmm... buy 2 MyRides to re-rearface the newly three year old

glockchick

Buy two Nautilus's or FR85's for whoever, or keep moving seats when I need to switch cars?

I tried my 6 year old in seats this morning. The Maestro was too narrow on her and she's a skinny thing. She still fits in the MyRide by about an inch and has plenty of width room as well. I was surprised. She prefers the GN over the FR85 because it's easier for her to buckle and unbuckle herself.

Neither she nor I liked the CA even though she's still below the top setting.

So do I buy two MR's and rear face CJ in my car and the suburban or two GN's for the girls?

If I get MR's:
- In my suburban Abigail will be in the GN, Kaleigh will be in the Marathon, and CJ would be in a MR.
- In my civic CJ would be in the MR and Kaleigh would be in the FR85. I'm concerned about such a big seat in my tiny car. I had a hard time getting him in the MA rearfacing without banging his head.

WWYD?

ADS

NannyMom

I would get the Myrides, because I prefer to see 3yrs RF. And, you still have no tether anchors in the suburban, right?

glockchick

I have two places I can tether now. ;) Either side in the 3rd row.

I'm divorcing and by freeing up that seat, I free up my tether anchor spots. Before the older kids needed the shoulder belts, but now I can leave one middle seat free.

I will have to put the 13 1/2 year old in the front seat to use both tether locations, but I'm ok with that. He's almost as big as I am.

glockchick

That would be great. Thanks. :)

I'm guessing it will fit. I'm more concerned with the amount of room I have to get him through the door and into the seat.

DaniChildcare

wait, i'm a little confused.

What if you had the MA in the suburban for him and a MR in the civic?

Then you could buy a MR and a Nautilus. I can't see the Frontier fitting well in a Civic

Maybe the MR and the Nauti would fit next to each other in the Civic ... so that the MR could be in the middle?

Would your 6yo be in a booster in the civic?

glockchick

He's at the weight limit for RFing in the MA

The frontier fits great in the civic. It's in there now along with a GN. I only need 2 seats in the civic.

6 year old does not ride in the civic. I only drive it with the two littles ones. If she does, she's alone with me and she rides in Kaleigh's seat.

I know, it's confusing even to me. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC