No Craigslist!

Snorris2

A lady on Craigslist has an AOE that was bought in 2004 for sale.
Goodness. :(
I emailed her and politely told her why she should not be selling the seat and that it should be destroyed. Hopefully, she takes it down.

ADS

MomToEliEm

I think most of the 3-in-1 alpha omega type seats actually have an 8 year life span. If that is the case, the carseat won't be expired until Dec 2012.

myliljunebugs

I had nearly the same year model of the AOE (shudder, at least I learned!) and it had an 8 year expiry. It's close though, which makes me sad because if someone does buy it you can almost bet they won't trash it on the date it is supposed to be. :(

Snorris2

No, I'm very certain of that. I doubt the person even knew that car seats have expiration dates. Most people I know sure don't. I used to have no clue. Now, I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old both rf in radians. We all learn new things. I just try my best to pass any information along that I can. I seriously do thank you for the info, I thought most car seats expired at five years. :blush:

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
No, I'm very certain of that. I doubt the person even knew that car seats have expiration dates. Most people I know sure don't. I used to have no clue. Now, I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old both rf in radians. We all learn new things. I just try my best to pass any information along that I can. I seriously do thank you for the info, I thought most car seats expired at five years. :blush:

Most used to be 6 years.. only 1 or 2 were 5 years. They are now mostly 6, 7 or 8 with a few exceptions :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC