Thanks so much you guys..

Baylor

I know I did not get off on a great foot but I just want to say thanks so much to all the amazing people here techs and car seat crazy people alike who had some patience with the newbie who was a little manic :whistle:.

This week I had to install my GN's in a Ford Explorer 2000, A Nissan Pathfinder 2007, A Ford Edge 2010, A Ford Mustang 2009 and then today a Nissan Versa 2010.

My brother needed me to return his rental car.

Because of you all, I knew where to install them, How to install them, Issues to look for and a check list to make sure they were installed correctly. I knew how to operate all the seat belts and make my boys safe.

I can not tell you how amazing it feels not to wonder IF your boys are safe but know they are as safe as you can make them in the event of a crash.

So Thank you all for sharing all you know with all of us insane mommies..
You Rock!:love::love::love:

ADS

gsdguenter

Glad you stuck around! Isn't it a cool feeling when you can starting being somewhat confident with car seat stuff :thumbsup:

Baylor

Yes it is.. And even more sad when you see kids not properly buckled in. The more I know The more I get ill when I see kids bopping around the back seat of the car.

There is no other place like this one. I so appreciate all the help and advice and Monstah for coming to make sure I had the seats in right and knew how to make them safe in my van. She was AWESOME! Even untwisted a seat belt that was a constant annoyance to me!

Mommy2Marcus

It feels great to know that your kid(s) are safe when you take them somewhere! :love: I to have learned a ton from here!! Welcome to the group of crazy car seat people! :D

urchin_grey

:love:

Every single seatbelt in my Caravan was twisted when I bought it. :rolleyes: It is NOT easy to untwist seatbelts when you have locking latch plates. :eek: I think I broke a few fingernails untwisting mine.

Baylor

:love:

Every single seatbelt in my Caravan was twisted when I bought it. :rolleyes: It is NOT easy to untwist seatbelts when you have locking latch plates. :eek: I think I broke a few fingernails untwisting mine.

I had bruised and skinned knuckles when I was done with the seat belt in my Dh's Explorer. Brutal task.. I was amazed how fast Monstah had them all straight.

blackberry

I have been here a year and learned so much. I am so happy I found this site, I have so much more to learn. It's so nice to belong to a car seat crazy group where everyone is friendly and helpful. :)

pepsicola

Yay for Baylor! I'm really happy that you stuck around. I like reading your threads because I usually learn something from them. And you're a sweetheart. I don't usually use that word but it works, lol.

Baylor

Today I had to reinstall my seats .. AGAIN.. As I am in car crisis here waiting for my van to get fixed.. Now 3 weeks. It is killing me. My van is the jackpot of latch/tether anchors. It has them for every position. It is awesome!

I realized that today when I installed my GN again that I "hear" you guys in my head.
-is it all the way on the seat
-less than 1 inch movement at belt path
-Belt not twisted
-Tethered

I have a whole list that goes through my head.

THANKS for that!

Baylor

Grand Caravan 2001. From what I have been told here that was the last year.. then they went to Only a few tether anchors.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC