The Oobr and several different sized models

ADS

christineka

The seat is very solidly built. It's like part of the vehicle seat. It latches in to become one with the seat. The headrest adjusts just like those in the van. Upon sitting in the seat, each kid remarked "this is hard". The oobr has a very thick, but firm foam pad on the seat. 9 year old didn't like the gap created between the torso area and the headrest when adjusted for her.

Now for the obligatory pet pictures.

Snowflake was good and stayed on her shelf.
snowflake.jpg

Last edited:

abigaylebelle

Yeah it does look a little funny since it only adjusts the headrest piece. I don't really know much about boosters but the rigid latch sounds cool.
I love the cats, especially the pic of the lady who needed to be removed from the van. Hilarious

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm more curious about the seat NEXT to the Oobr. I can see in one pic that it's a Britax, but what's with the color?

If it's actually blue & orange, I need to know about this so I can tell all the Bronco fans when they come to seat checks!

Morganthe

Are they comfortable sitting in that seat long term?
It just looks so perchy and pushing out their abdomens, especially your 11 year old. Is it forcing them to lean back awkwardly? The fit looks good, but except for your 6 year old, an unpleasant slant downwards towards the knees. I hope that makes sense. :scratcheshead:

Kat_Momof3

your 6yr old looks so much better in the bodyguard (from the previous thread with pics of her in it), but this is a good fit.

but the question is... which kid gets custody of this lovely seat??

christineka

but the question is... which kid gets custody of this lovely seat??

It's in swap. I could have justified keeping it, but no one likes it, so I can sell and justify keeping something else. Besides, out of four hbbs, three of them will not expire for 3 years. I don't need any more boosters for a while.

christineka

Are they comfortable sitting in that seat long term?
It just looks so perchy and pushing out their abdomens, especially your 11 year old. Is it forcing them to lean back awkwardly? The fit looks good, but except for your 6 year old, an unpleasant slant downwards towards the knees. I hope that makes sense. :scratcheshead:

Dd1 rode in it for two round trips she complained about it after the first half trip. She normally rides in a plush parkway and loves it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC