Question Classic Car Seat Buffs- What Seat Did I Have?

Jillybeans5

I'm trying to remember the name of the first convertible seat I ever bought. I bought it in 1996, it was an Evenflo seat, 5-point harness, two-toned Navy and Tan. I'm racking my brain trying to remember what seats I have owned and this one is driving me nuts. I used it from brand new right up until it expired, you would think I could remember..:confused:

ADS

Jillybeans5

I think it might be the Medallion but that ugly seat cover is throwing me off. The cover on mine looked really nice for that time period, and I could have sworn it had more than two positions for the harness.

Jillybeans5

That was probably it then. I bought it at Sears in late 1998 for $139.99 since my son was outgrowing his 3 pt Evenflo On My Way bucket, that I later used for my daughter. She then used the Medallion until it expired. Crazy that I remember how much I paid, but not the name, lol. Thanks for humoring me.;)

canadiangie

That was probably it then. I bought it at Sears in late 1998 for $139.99 since my son was outgrowing his 3 pt Evenflo On My Way bucket, that I later used for my daughter. She then used the Medallion until it expired. Crazy that I remember how much I paid, but not the name, lol. Thanks for humoring me.;)

google images is your friend.

Jillybeans5

I actually tried google images but didn't have much luck until I figured out the name. I have now listed every carseat I have ever owned(except the ones I returned, of course). Now I can sleep, lol.

emandbri

There was an evenflo horizon but I think it was around $80 or $90. Do you happen to remember if it had a red lever on the front to adjust the recline?

It sounds like a medallion to me.

TerisBoys

Like this one? http://myreusables.com/item/show/id/15

Evenflo Town & Country - which was basically a dressed up Ultara I. It mimicked the Cosco Eddie Bauer seats at the time. I believe the Medallion that Jools mentioned also came in the green/tan cover, but was more rounded on top and a 5point harness. Medallion came out a little later - 99 or so.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Try googling Fresh Air Gear, that was the tan and navy/green version that all my friends had, much cuter than my green/gray stripey one. (mine was DOM 1996 or 97 and I skipped the infant seat, theirs must have been 97 or 98, after their kids outgrew their infant seats?)

Jillybeans5

Try googling Fresh Air Gear, that was the tan and navy/green version that all my friends had, much cuter than my green/gray stripey one. (mine was DOM 1996 or 97 and I skipped the infant seat, theirs must have been 97 or 98, after their kids outgrew their infant seats?)

You're right, it was the fresh air gear one.

J-max

CPST Instructor
I had a Medallion I bought in 1999 that was very cushy, had multiple harness slots and was navy and tan and very cushy, had infant insert cushions and lots of extras, I loved that seat :).

Keeanh

Just happened to come across an old pic with the Ultara

%237848382.JPG

Jillybeans5

I had a Medallion I bought in 1999 that was very cushy, had multiple harness slots and was navy and tan and very cushy, had infant insert cushions and lots of extras, I loved that seat :).

That sounds like the one I had, I bought it in late 98. I really liked it as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC