Hating the twisty straps on CA

hrice

So I have DS in his back up CA for the first time and am really irritated with how easily the straps twist. They are twisted over his hips in the holes of the buckle tongues. They just keep folding over in there. Ugh!

Vent over

ADS

momtotwogirls

I dont have any problems with twisty straps on mine. Weird. I have more trouble with the buckle getting twisted and having to fix it on my ETA and TFP

mamakc

I have an original and a 65. The 65 has MUCH better straps that do not twist at all. The original has thinner straps that are twisty. I loved the CA enough to deal with it, but now that I have the 65, the original has been demoted to back-up. :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Mine twist...I have a routine of quickly running the buckle tongue up an down on the strap a few times before I buckle him in, so the strap is lying flat. If I don't do that, it folds.

hrice

An Aurora said:
Mine twist...I have a routine of quickly running the buckle tongue up an down on the strap a few times before I buckle him in, so the strap is lying flat. If I don't do that, it folds.

I do the same thing but they twist again when I engage the tongues :(

I have the 50# version.

hrice

Apparently it's the 50# versions. I had no idea the straps were different on the 65. Glad they changed them. In the meantime mine are still a PITA. I can't wait until my Multi Tech tether straps get here so I can install it!

Mae

Apparently it's the 50# versions. I had no idea the straps were different on the 65. Glad they changed them. In the meantime mine are still a PITA. I can't wait until my Multi Tech tether straps get here so I can install it!

Wait... now that you mention it ...

I think I recall a thread where we noticed something was different? I just remember cropping a picture of my nephew in his seat so I could show the crotch buckle. Perhaps it's not the straps, but rather the crotch buckle they changed? Can any of you provide pictures? I have a picture of the 50# version:

bfefcbbd.jpg

Mae

Hm, how odd that your 65 has the same buckle as my SIL's 50. Perhaps the thread I'm thinking of was just us trying to figure out when they changed the design... :p

Emi's Mommy

I have a 50 and my straps don't twist.

The first CA I bought had the square buckle and was manufactured in July 2010. The CA I bought a week later was manufactured in January 2011 and it has the circle buckle. I find it easier to do up the buckle on the circle one.

Last edited:

SavsMom

Mae said:
Wait... now that you mention it ...

I think I recall a thread where we noticed something was different? I just remember cropping a picture of my nephew in his seat so I could show the crotch buckle. Perhaps it's not the straps, but rather the crotch buckle they changed? Can any of you provide pictures? I have a picture of the 50# version:

Some of the 50# models have the round buckle as well. I have one of the Target clearance CAs, it has an 11/10/10 DOM and has the strap covers, round buckle and the rounded contoured base exactly lile the 65# models....no problems with twisty straps like I had with my early CA harvest model.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC