A picture & a link

ADS

southpawboston

CBS news on school buses > http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=2201953n (anyone find a date?)

+ this pic: well suited to my family's business of prosthetics!

actually, wouldn't it be in the prosthetics industry's best business interest *not* to advertise safer living? ;)

that would be like a drug company advertising that people should live healthier and avoid diseases so they won't have to rely on drugs for treating ailments later... that's an advertising campaign that's NOT gonna happen.

Shelsy

That video of all the kids flying across in the rollover freaked me out.

Also, the Texas official interviewed said the cushion envelope "does the job," making me think the desired level of safety was met - sure, seatbelts would be better, but not worth it, was the impression I got.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yeah, the newscaster gives some good data about only some small single digit number of crashes per many thousands of rides.... Lap belts are probably more dangerous for small kids, but would keep bigger kids from becoming projectiles & smaller kids should have the appropriately sized 5 point harnesses since they also become projectiles -- or, unlike big kids over the size of the average 6 year old for whom compartmentalization provides adequate protection in frontal crashes (so much more common than roll overs), little kids can submarine under the seats.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
actually, wouldn't it be in the prosthetics industry's best business interest *not* to advertise safer living? ;)

that would be like a drug company advertising that people should live healthier and avoid diseases so they won't have to rely on drugs for treating ailments later... that's an advertising campaign that's NOT gonna happen.

LOL! We kinda joke about war being good for the business, but it's a dark humor & one that ultimately doesn't feel good at the end of the day.... Doctors probably do themselves a big service only treating their patients' symptoms, but only those who target prevention get true respect both within & outside their circle of peers/colleagues :cool: Health issues will always exist & since we've got a patent on our product we're good to go for a bit :thumbsup:

Pawy

He felt it was good enough..???

What is good enough for my child.? Only the best..!!

Paul

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC