Sunshine Kids Seat Warmer

Crissy

:eek:
pTRU1-9503883reg.jpg
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11192976 I'm in shock! Would this even be remotely safe to use in a car seat...???

ADS

tl01

I guess it could be nice if you had a remote starter and could have the seat warm by the time you came outside to put the kids in the car but by looking at the pics it seems a bit bulky to have under a child.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Is it meant to be removed before putting the kid in? Like that cooling thing that's out there? Not that people will...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't really see a problem with it. A little extra padding in a seat isn't going to cause any seat to fail catastrophically in some way, it's just a nice, clear rule for techs to communicate to parents that it's not ok to add, easier to say one 'no' than it is to get into a huge discussion and leave the door open for some creative parent to put, say, a king sized comforter in the seat with their kid.
:twocents:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
LISmama810 said:
Is it meant to be removed before putting the kid in? Like that cooling thing that's out there? Not that people will...

Duh, didn't see the photo of the kid operating it in the seat...

joolsplus3 said:
I don't really see a problem with it. A little extra padding in a seat isn't going to cause any seat to fail catastrophically in some way, it's just a nice, clear rule for techs to communicate to parents that it's not ok to add, easier to say one 'no' than it is to get into a huge discussion and leave the door open for some creative parent to put, say, a king sized comforter in the seat with their kid.
:twocents:

I'm not a fan of adding stuff to a seat, but I'm REALLY not a fan of leaving a child (essentially) unattended with a heating device. Especially one with cords. And what if the kid pees on it?

No, sorry, not ok with this one at all.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I did have an 'unless there's an electrical problem' that I took out of my post (thinking of the numerous recalls on past electrical seats from decades ago... Renolux...).

macmomma

I really hate the idea of putting a cord back there with my four year old.... he is my "wild" child and I would hate to see the thing he could do with a cord:cool:

Morganthe

Is there an epidemic of kids freezing to death in their booster seats because it's a bit cold when they sit in them? :scratcheshead: Because, unless it's a leather booster seat, I just don't see a need at all for this extraneous product. Some inventor had way too much time on his/her hands. :p

Although, I can easily picture the "As seen on TV" late night ad running on the topic. :ROTFLMAO:

BUT WAIT, There's MORE! That's not all! For every seat warmer you purchase, we'll also throw in the always popular, Mighty Tite. :p

luckyclov

Is that a stethoscope on the seat? Not a bad idea to have it there, I suppose, since I know my heart skips a beat when my heated seats overheat my booty.;)

afdani1984

Not that I would use it for my child, or that it makes it any "safer" but apparently it only stays on for some 7 minutes at a time to prevent overheating.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC