IS the base on a Marathon narrower than a MyRide base?

momtoo3

I am so frustrated with our 3 across. My 2 yr old is ff in the middle of DH's 2010 Malibu. I would love to have him rf in there but DH won't leave the seat installed rf since it prevents him from moving his seat back and bumps his shoulder. DS3 only rides in there a couple of times a month but usually when I am not able to install the seat and DH doesn't install it correctly. So he will remain ff :(.
Currently he is in a MyRide and hates the recline. It also worries me to have that recline ff. We had a Radian but it wouldn't stay tight and had issues with the adjuster. The Malibu has such a narrow middle seat and his car seat needs to be in the middle of DS1's nbb and DS2's PWSG. I can't have the 2 older boys next to each other because of fighting and the fact that the 2 boosters are impossible to buckle next to each other. With the nbb (Big Kid) DS1 can buckle himself next to the MR. DS2 can't buckle the PWSG and it is hard to get my hand in there to do it next to the MR. The seats puzzle really well though.
I saw that Target has the MA Classic on sale this week and was wondering if it would fit there. The MR is really wide but the narrow base makes it work. I have read that the MA base is narrow as well. Is it as narrow as the MR?
Also does anyone know if the MA puzzles ff with the PWSG?
One last question, the bases on the newer Britax seats look different than the RA/ MA Classics. Are they the same width/ height? If not how are they different?
Sorry this is so long. Thanks in advance for the help!

ADS

love-pink

The old ma classic base is about an inch wider than the mr base. You can check out my albums I have pictures because I was also curious :rolleyes: The classic ma will make it tougher to buckle the booster because they have metal bars that come out of the seat for the latch connectors.

The new britaxs have shorter shells and deeper side wings. It makes it a little tougher to get kids in and buckle. Im not positive but from my experience I would guess the base of the new Britax seats is bigger than the classics and the mr. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC