superLATCH came undone...

emthecountrycat

So when I uninstalled my sons XTSL after our crash the left side superLATCH was UNDONE! I told SKJP and they are having it picked up by UPS tomorrow to examine it. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this.

ADS

Mae

Cryssy Jane had the problem where her LATCH connectors wouldn't actually LATCH. You know how you are supposed to just shove the connectors onto the anchor? Yeah, hers wouldn't attach, and the red button wouldn't pop back out (you know, they are pop out when attached, and popped "in" when they aren't attached).

I wonder if yours has a similar problem, except it came undone?

Really scary! I didn't know you were in a crash, either! Is there another thread (so I don't bombard this one)?

momtoo3

My SL would get stuck in the lock position when not installed and then would not open to latch during an install. It seemed like it was hooked and would pull off at a certain angle. I called SK and they sent a new strap that never locked on the latch hook. I just had to install it with a seat belt (that was the solution from SK) but couldn't get a good install so I returned it.

emthecountrycat

I've installed it about 5 times in my odyssey and NEVER had a problem with it. It NEVER loosened or anything. Always rock the van solid(like all my installed with minimal effort). I don't want to know what would have happened if I was going 30mph, like I ALMOST WAS!

Mae

I've installed it about 5 times in my odyssey and NEVER had a problem with it. It NEVER loosened or anything. Always rock the van solid(like all my installed with minimal effort). I don't want to know what would have happened if I was going 30mph, like I ALMOST WAS!

I'm sorry. I'd be incredibly upset, scared, and mad! ((Hugs!))

I'm glad everybody is ok though.

emthecountrycat

That would be way he will not be going back in one. I will be ordering my MT tonight as long as they got the new Cowmooflage with the longer foot prop in.

Mae

Wow that's just scary. I have 3 XTSLs.

Wow how scary! All the issues with radians lately is making me nervous. :(

This. It makes me nervous and angry.

You can always use the seat belt. Yeah, it's kind of lame because we only have the option to pay more for the SuperLATCH capabilities and we can't even use the SuperLATCH, but if that's the only option we have ... :(

SKJP just needs to jump on their game.

ProudMommysince09

That is scary, but glad you guys are okay! Are they going to tell you what happened/went wrong after they examined it? I'm pretty sure they won't though..

emthecountrycat

That is scary, but glad you guys are okay! Are they going to tell you what happened/went wrong after they examined it? I'm pretty sure they won't though..

Russ said he would but whatever he tells doesn't matter. He could tell me anything he wants. All that matters is they fix it so it doesn't happen again.

Baylor

This is why I did not get one for DS2. I wanted one to ERF again and use as another seat in DH's car.. but with the issues, and the response..( which bothers me even more) I won't do it. I feel like I would be taking a risk.

I hope they get on it. I hope they come up with real solutions and real fixes. These seats offer so much when working correctly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC