My Children "Designed" A Regent Carseat Cover today....lmao

MsFacetious

Okay, I just find this hilarious so I had to share. :)

So, I went looking for 1 Angel patch and 1 Butterfly patch to put at the top of the girl's Regents... just thought it would be cute and like their guardian angel and they are turning into butterflies..cute but corny. And SIMPLE. :)

Well I showed them and explained what I was doing... and lets just say they did NOT agree with my design skills! "No no Mom, no angel, me PRINCESS".

They decided that they would prefer to choose what they wanted on their carseats! Now I will say they concentrated on this for quite a while... which is huge. It was awesome that they were voicing their opinions and telling me what they wanted and working together to do it. But OMG LOL... are you serious??!?!! Talk about showing their personalities in a HUGE way! Explanation below of course...

alisadiregentdesignec5.jpg

So now you wonder what they all are... lol.

The very top above the Britax logo is a little arch which shall say "Princess Ali" in light blue or "Princess Sadi" in light pink for their respective seats. I suggested Diva Sadi only to be informed she is a PRINCESS. (Good thing she doesn't know what a queen is yet!)

The little tiny ones are blue and yellow flowers (actually Down syndrome awareness colors), and smiley faces (a Grandma thing).

To either side of the Britax logo you have the OSU logo and the Utah Jazz... lmao I can see some family members being upset other teams were left off of here. The girls love to watch these two teams play basketball though. And we are huge fans.

Then you have the BMW and Porsche logos on either side (my kid's name is MERCEDES! LOL.)

Then the rainbow with clouds (I said no carebears we compromised on that) and the Rainbow butterfly (I said no to the other 10 butterflies! Also a compromise lol)

Then the tulips and the caterpillar...which actually have meaning too. Tulips are kind of a Down syndrome thing too, and the caterpillar oddly enough is what a chromosome looks like... lol. (Really, it's true I can show you a karyotype!) Then there is the whole caterpillar to butterfly thing.

Then the patriotic heart and star... Ali, is a patriotic NUT she knows the Pledge of Allegiance and all the patriotic songs, loves flags. Peanut loves stars and flags.

Then the rest is just the smiley faces and flowers... I did NOT include Betty Boop or Thomas the Train or frogs or airplanes or helicopters or dogs or horses or a billion other things they wanted... lol. Even in the picture there was only so much room. lol None of the angels I found were acceptable for them. lol.

Can you believe that?? Lol... I just found it quite humorous.. Britax is WAY off on what my kids want in a carseat cover! Lol.

ADS

MsFacetious

You're right, I just edited the picture. Did a horrible job I think I added an extra harness slot... lol. The top two harness slots were in one picture and the rest in another. :)

I was looking at them on Ebay. :) Sorry I should have been more clear. Lol. It was 4:30am after all though, so I have an excuse. :)

I have yet to decide what will actually go ON the carseat, we will have to see. Lol. I've never been one to care what the carseat looks like but THAT might be a bit much even for me.. lol.

arly1983

OHHHH, I LOVE IT!

Our new (to use) regent that is in the mail has a denim cover. I think I will do something like that for Jackson.

I know Ali and Sadi had a blast. (And you are going to have a blast hand tacking those patches, better get a thimble)

I wish i could find a small autism awareness ribbon....We will probably be searching for blues clues patches LOL....

MsFacetious

Rebekah, yes that is a reference to the Welcome To Holland story. Although I personally think there are better countries to use than Holland, I didn't write the story 20 years ago, so I'll take the meaning as it is. Plus, tulips are pretty. (And we happen to have a place near us that has a tulip festival, quite handy!) Welcome To Holland story is after the pictures on this page: http://upwithdownsutah.blogspot.com/2007/04/welcome-to-holland-from-ali.html

Oh Arly.... :) A small autism awareness ribbon like this?? It's 2 inches tall. They also have a 3 3/4 one too from the same seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Autism-Awarenes...goryZ606QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just found that I shall have to add it to my collection. Lol.

And there is some adorable autism awareness stuff here: http://www.cafepress.com/t21club/602526 (Ignore the big sister big brother stuff she was trying to hide it so no one would know the new babies name... lol it didn't work!) I have gotten stuff from her before, the DS awareness stuff. (My Kid has more chromosomes than yours, sister has designer genes, ect. lol)

They also have magnets for the car on ebay, we have those along with DS ones, cancer ones, patriotic ones, ect. I went through a magnet phase, got over it. Lol.

skaterbabs

I thought so. have I mentioned how TIRED I am of that story? And my kid is high functioning. I cannot imagine how annoying it is to parents of kids further on the spectrum.

Melizerd

I just heard that story about something else. About how you get on a plane and expect to go to Spain and then get off in Holland. I can't remember what they were referring to, maybe Autism? But I had no clue it wasn't something new that they came up with. It was that story exactly about how Holland really is beautiful and you learn to love it too.

I liked the reference and use it now in reference to my husband's MS. It's obviously something we never planned on but now that we're here we're happy and deal with whatever comes along. It taught me to remember to be happy with whatever life throws my way and just because it's not what I expected it's not alright. I know it's not exactly the same though.

Sorry for the high jack.

I love the car seat though. I'll have to convince DH to let me do something to Gabe's. Now if I can only find an MS awareness ribbon like that. All I can find are pins.

skaterbabs

That's pretty much it, but with autism there are some people who believe that we shouldn't try to find a cure for autism, or treatments for kids with autism, because they're perfect just they way they are and the world should just learn to live with them. All well and good for high-functioning autistics, but when you have a 15 yr with the social skills of a 7 yo (or worse), wanting treatment and a cure is not a bad thing.

It's a beautiful story about accepting life as it comes, but it gets overused.

Melizerd

That's pretty much it, but with autism there are some people who believe that we shouldn't try to find a cure for autism, or treatments for kids with autism, because they're perfect just they way they are and the world should just learn to live with them. All well and good for high-functioning autistics, but when you have a 15 yr with the social skills of a 7 yo (or worse), wanting treatment and a cure is not a bad thing.

It's a beautiful story about accepting life as it comes, but it gets overused.

I understand. Just because there's nothing "wrong" with having a disability of any kind doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying to cure it. Wouldn't our lives be even better without the disability? I'm all for a cure or treatment of things. There are a lot of people with MS that refuse treatment because it might not help. Isn't doing something better then doing nothing?

MsFacetious

Yeah that was written by a parent of a child with Down syndrome. Jason Kingsley, he was on Sesame Street many years ago. His Mom still helps out with Sesame Street to my understanding. So for that to be used for other disabilities, it may not be appropriate.

As far as Down syndrome goes, the reason I don't like Holland being used is because they still practice infantcide there. It's legal to kill a child with a disability, up to 6 months of age. (You know just in case it's missed at birth they give you a window of time!) So while it bothers me that Holland is used... I appreciate the message. And it's really for new parents they are the ones who take comfort in it. The pictures went with the story so I used it. I think it's actually the first time in 4 years I've ever shared it on my blog or website. Lol.

Autism and Down syndrome and MS are all very different. I have an Aunt and a future MIL who have MS. I have one child with Autism and another with Down syndrome. I absolutely think that things happen they way they do for a reason so our kids with Autism were put here for a reason. But that doesn't mean we can't look for treatments. Just like with MS. My future MIL's MS sadly enough is probably what brought her son and I together... working together to help her, ect.

However that doesn't mean I don't think we should treat it.

However when finding a "cure" to Autism I do not include being able to diagnose it prenatally and then terminate the pregnancy. THAT is not a cure for it, that is picking and choosing your child. I do NOT agree with that. It is one thing if you are not ready for a child at all and are "responsible" enough to simply abort in the 1st trimester. I wouldn't do it but I wouldn't judge someone for doing it.

However if you are out shopping for baby clothes and picking out names until you find out at 20 weeks that your kid MIGHT have Down syndrome...then you find out for sure and abort at 24 weeks. That is totally unacceptable and unforgiveable to me. There is a 2 year waiting list of people who want to adopt kids with Down syndrome. I will treat my daughter's health issues which are very similar to her sisters... however I would never attempt to cure her extra chromosome. And I would never pretend to support anyone who was trying to rid the world of people like my daughter.

The abortion rate is already 90% of people who find out prenatally. I'm sure it will only get higher with newer prenatal tests. Very very sad.

Anyways okay I will shut up now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC