For fun- Design your perfect car seat....

Dani_mummy

Just for fun- Design your perfect car seat....

Mine would be the Radian XT but have
-non-standard latch install up to 20" like Britax
-have recline adjusting for RF or adjustable boot
-have the headrest be able to extend up to use as a highback booster up to 120lbs (tricky to design but hey this is MY perfect seat)
-have the Graco buckle releases that is pulled down, not like button (see the pic)
-easy remove and machine wash cover with lots of prints!

hhmmm.... think I covered everything.

Maybe the car seat designers will read this and get some new ideas ;)

ADS

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Just for fun- Design your perfect car seat....

Mine would be the Radian XT but have
-non-standard latch install up to 20" like Britax
-have recline adjusting for RF or adjustable boot
-have the headrest be able to extend up to use as a highback booster up to 120lbs (tricky to design but hey this is MY perfect seat)
-have the Graco buckle releases that is pulled down, not like button (see the pic)
-easy remove and machine wash cover with lots of prints!

hhmmm.... think I covered everything.

Maybe the car seat designers will read this and get some new ideas ;)

I second the graco buckle release...

automatic harness like a seatbelt tightens once you buckle in the child.

no thread harness like the TF/britax

Isn't crazy expensive (yeah i know that would never happen)

DaniChildcare

The Smart Seat that came out has been my dream seat for a few years now, but here's some things that i want in a "perfect seat"

-Thin, low profile (sort of like radian but would need some sort of "base" for my next part)
-different "lengths" available. The Radians are nice, but they are all pretty much too tall to install RFing in my car.
-6 position recline that can be used while seat is installed
-No rethread harness
-No Chest clip (this is my dream seat, so i can dream!) if there must be a chest clip, i would chose Britax chest clip
-Graco push down buckle release
-No rethread crotch strap with at least 3 positions if not 4 (you would be able to reach the adjuster under the seat)
-Easy to remove cover (like Britax)

Would also come with a car strap for easy transport.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
My main thing is a tall shell and tall top slots. And installs upright enough so it fits in my car.

christineka

A radian with a true fit harness height adjuster and a recline mechanism so that the seat can install more upright while rear-facing. I'd like the blue cover to come back. I'd also like a purple one.

hrice

My dream seat would pretty much be a Radian with 50-55# RF limit, lock offs, a toddler boot that allowed for a 30-35 degree recline, a smooth harness adjustor and a cute boyish print cover. Or a Cowmoo Radian :whistle:

lovemybabies924

here is mine..ya im dreaming haha

*harness adjuster like the TF
*4 position crotch strap that adjusts like the TF
*has a base that has lock off for FF and RF like the smart seat and an extra strap to attach thru the actual seat so i feel like its more securely attached to the base hehe (like a seatbelt that goes from base thru the seat)
*has retractable carry handle so you can take baby or toddler out sleeping and put in a stroller frame.
*has a 55# RF limit
*FF to 80# in harness
*turnes into a booster w/add on head rest/shoulder belt guide (kinda how the TF has that head support u add on at 22lbs or whatever..but this one would make it a PERFECT booster hehe)

a girl can dream! oh and the price would be $300 and it would have an awesome infant insert, easy harness, and you can buy tons of cute covers that snap on and off like the TF for only $35 bucks hehe of course indifferent fabric type options ;)

Baylor

I don't know enough to be detailed but I had a dream last night where I was looking for a seat to Harness DS1 and I went into a store and they had one there. It was crazy looking Kind of like a VIVO but with harness and it would hold up to a 150 lbs person..

cookie123

I don't want my seat to be an all in one. I like to get new seats. The buckets are pretty good these days. If the convertibles didn't have to be such monsters, I'd like that. I love the Radian's overall size - maybe it could come with a removeable headrest like the True Fit. Then if they addressed the harness adjuster and the install, and could last until booster - Voila! Perfect!!

ConnorsMommy

My dream convertible seat would:

Have built in lock-offs for easy installs
Have a no re-thread harness adjuster
Have plenty of leg room for a RF child
45 or more lb RF limit
Adjustable recline so it will fit in most vehicles
Easy to remove cover that washes well.
At least one cupholder
No more than 18-19 inches wide
Comfortable padding
Low enough bottom slots so it could be used with a newborn or small baby

For a combo seat- I like the Frontier but wish it had lock-offs and was easier to install with seat belt.

jubgulia

I would like a RF Coccoro/Radian mashup with extras. It would have an extendable back (like the whole thing extendable rather than just a headrest that goes up over the shell) and a RF base/boot that would slide the seat back the further upright it went, so it would eventually have a decent foot space when upright. Does that make sense? I would also like it to have integrated backpack/RF tether straps that are strong enough to carry the child in the seat on your back.

turtlemama

I would like the TF headrest add on to not be needed until closer to 30 lbs (my kids are short and chunky)
Also like to have the crotch buckle adjuster like the TF but with 4 positions instead of 2.
Lock offs
50lb Rf limit and a really high Rf height limit (but I don't know how high that would need to be)
65 lb harness weight seems reasonable to me
20 in or higher top slots and really low bottom slots to fit newborns well.
Bright, BRIGHT colored covers. I love all the brightly colored covers but never seem to be able to find a good seat with a good bright cover.
Boy colors like orange, bright reds, blues, and greens.

Yellow for girls, like an entirely yellow cover would be adorable IMO.
Also snap on covers. I love that about the TF
Also you should be able to go through the cover to get to the belt path, not under it.
That is a major annoyance I have with my CAs. I love how you can just lift a flap on the cover of the TF and reach the belt path instead of having to move the entire cover out of the way.
No rethread harness
I like how the GN harness isn't all one thing, but attaches at the bottom on each side, if they made that no rethread, it would be great!
No twisty straps. I also like thick straps. The thin ones make me think they aren't as good.
No mesh!
easy wash and dry (in the dryer) covers.
I could probably go on and on lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC