MA 70 - too much SIP??

Stacy

Do you find it difficult to get your kid in & out of this seat with how deep the sides are? Sorry to be redundant with another MA thread, but I'd hate to return another seat, so I want to make sure that this is *the one*. DD is almost 2.5, 33ish lbs, 36ish inches. She rarely climbs into a seat herself, she'd rather explore the car and all her toys so I have to put her in & take her out if we want to get anywhere, lol.

ADS

love-pink

I did. Its like the wings got in the way and just made it difficult to get the straps in the right spot and then tightened. That was a major complaint I had for that seat.

zactayaus

We have a RA55 in DH's truck and I find it very difficult to lift ds in and over the sides and then to try and buckle him in. I am thinking of putting the classic MA back in there for this reason.

Stacy

We have a RA55 in DH's truck and I find it very difficult to lift ds in and over the sides and then to try and buckle him in. I am thinking of putting the classic MA back in there for this reason.

This is why I returned the RA 55 after trying it out in the car. I like my RA 50 sooo much more for that reason alone. I know the MA is the same shell, but at this point I think it's either I get a new Britax or FF her. I know if it's really that difficult RF her, especially with the hot summer coming up, I will end up FF her anyways. I don't know what I should do here.

Kegracin

I dont have a problem with the deep sides, I did have to get used to it because its a lot different then my RA50. I have a 2 year old rf in it hes smaller then your LO but I dont have a problem with him in the seat actually the deep sides make it a little harder for him to get away from me as fast as when he rides in the RA50.

Stacy

So, I guess DH got sick of my indecision, because when I walked in the room tonight he told me I have a package coming next week! So looks like she's getting a new Marathon after all! :thumbsup:

abigaylebelle

I have noticed that the interior of the new britax convertibles is kind of narrow. Like on the old style ds sat more on top of the seat and the new style he sits more inside the seat. We're used to it now after using the seat for several months. My ds is also about 33lbs.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Well I'm glad the decision has been made, and hope that you are happy with it!

The MA70 is definitely harder to load and unload RF than the original MA, especially on a high vehicle seat like in a van or SUV. But you get used to it. I'm short, so after I hoist him up there, I actually have to stand up on the footboard of my van to reach past the high sides to buckle him in. At first I thought what a pain, but now I'm totally used to it and I don't even notice.

My other RF seat is a MyRide, so I'm accustomed to the deep sides. I'd much rather have that minor inconvenience and know that they have awesome SIP, especially since both seats are outboard. Makes me breathe a little easier to see him nestled all deep with protection all around.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC