Got my Recaro ProSport in Hanna! Pics and comparison with Safety 1st CA

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Fridays are my day off, so I woke up around 10:30 to my dog barking. I was hoping it was my Recaro ProSport, so that was enough to wake me up and go check. Sure enough, there it was waiting for me in the rain.

I haven't been able to test it with kiddos yet, but from what I see, I :love: it. It's so pretty and matches my CA pretty well. I never cared about matching seats until I saw how cute they look. Lol. It is SO heavy though. Probably as heavy as the Radian.

Manufactured 2/22/11 :thumbsup:

As high as the headrest goes

With CA back to back

Next to the CA (excuse the stain on the CA. My dog drooled on it so I had to wipe it off with water.)

Installed. I can't believe I could fit them next to each other. They are both completely tight when one is removed. I can fit my hand between them.

I have a few other pictures of the different headrest positions, but imageshack said they're too big to download, so I'll try and figure that out. Let me know if you would like to see any other pictures of it. :)

ADS

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
OMG!! That is such a pretty seat...to bad I won't have one to fit in it for a long time

Edit: they are coming out with that pattern for the proride...oh if I could come up with the money and the reason I would need it.

AtTheSouthDam

When did yours ship? Not fair :stomp:

FEDEX MAN!! GET HERE ALREADY!!

Oh.. and pretty, PP yep, it is coming out in the ProRide too.

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
Pretty! How wide is it?

OMG!! That is such a pretty seat...to bad I won't have one to fit in it for a long time

Edit: they are coming out with that pattern for the proride...oh if I could come up with the money and the reason I would need it.

Yes they have it in the proride & probooster.

Kac

I won it from Recaro. :thumbsup:

I got an email saying it shipped on 2/22/11, so I was a little confused considering that's the date of manufacture. I can't believe it got here so fast!

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
Where do I measure for the width? :eek: the back? Bottom?

Measure from outside of the armrest to the other one. It doesn't look much wider than the CA. I checked the measurement spreadsheet after I posted and it says 19.5". Looks narrower than that in the pics.

Kac

I got 17 inches, but that was using two hard rulers. Maybe I'll try with the measuring tape to double check! Let me go find one.

Got 17 inches from armrest to armrest. I think the side wings make it wider. I measured about 18.5 inches for those.

And yeah, I was thinking id get it Monday or Tuesday. I'm not sure where you're located but maybe I'm closer to MI than you? Not sure.

AtTheSouthDam

I got 17 inches, but that was using two hard rulers. Maybe I'll try with the measuring tape to double check! Let me go find one.

Got 17 inches from armrest to armrest. I think the side wings make it wider. I measured about 18.5 inches for those.

And yeah, I was thinking id get it Monday or Tuesday. I'm not sure where you're located but maybe I'm closer to MI than you? Not sure.

yeah, you're in the 2 day range and I'm in the 3-day. I'm thinking with that DOM they actually shipped Wednesday (even though my email says mine was shipped Monday the 21st. What an evil tease.) so I'm stuck waiting until Monday...

Kac

The one that I won was shipped on Monday,I received it today and the MD is the same 2/22/2011:confused:

I just checked my email and it said it shipped the 21st too. Oops thought it said 22nd. Still strange huh? But they are new. :love:

AtTheSouthDam

Got mine today :)

I think I do like the YS better. DD2 is just over the second slot installed, barely, and the headwings seem so high on the third setting :(

I do like how they simplified the harness adjustment, no more prying out the bar. The harness adjustment strap seems longer too. No comment ont he any of the pads, DD2 yanked them all off as soon as it was out of the box :rolleyes:. DD1 is not allowed to touch it :p I'll have to try it out in booster mode in a day or two when I can throw DD1 in ;)

She loves it even though it's not soft.

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
I'm waiting on mine,i got notification that it shipped last Monday here is hoping i get it today i am so excited!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC