WWYD, got my Monterey from diapers.com

Notaclue

but the DOM is January 2010!! It's more than a year old already! WWYD?? Has anyone else had an issue with this? The seat is PERFECT for ds, so I know this is what we want, but I am not thrilled it's already a year old. :thumbsdown:

ADS

Notaclue

It was on sale for $119 and then I got 10% off for being a new customer. Not a great way to impress new customers. I could have gotten it off amazon for about the same price, but I wanted to use diapers.com so I could use ebates.com too. :mad:

Going to call them I guess and see what they tell me. I don't want to exchange it if I am not going to get a better DOM from them.

BabyKaykes

I'd keep it....

Because personally, I'm not going to keep a seat for it's whole life - new seats come out too often, I'd be looking to replace it in 2-3years at the most.

Notaclue

Well the thing is, I do have a younger child to pass this seat on to, so I DO want the option of getting 6 years out of it. And I paid for 6 years use, kwim? It wouldn't bother me if it was a few months old, but this is over 13 months.

So I called and told the woman on the phone what the problem was and she told me she didn't understand what the issue was. She had no idea carseats expire. None. And then I had to explain it to her, and she said the time limit didn't start until you actually start USING the seat. :thumbsdown: After talking in circles with her I finally just told her I would be returning the seat. I guess I will just order it from Amazon, which is what I was going to do in the beginning. At least now I know this seat works perfectly for ds.

Baylor

That is what I would do. I would not lose a whole year of use. You may want to call back and ask for a supervisor though.. Maybe you will get better service?

Farm_Mama

This happened to me just this week with diapers.com. I called to complain and they said they'd send a newer one. It arrived... exact same DOM. :thumbsdown:

DaniChildcare

E is almost 7, so you'll likely only get 2 years out with him (by 9 he'll probably use a backless depending on height), and by that time L could use it for the next 3 years at which time L would be about 9 needing a backless as well.

E will be 12 and L will be 9 when this seat expires, so i probably wouldn't return it.

Notaclue

This happened to me just this week with diapers.com. I called to complain and they said they'd send a newer one. It arrived... exact same DOM. :thumbsdown:

This woman did tell me that there was no way of telling if I would get a newer one if I exchanged it, so that's why I decided to just return it.

And yeah, I would probably get plenty of use out of it, but it's the principle I guess. UPS should be here on Monday to pic it up.

ETA: I would also like the option to sell it at some point since it's red and black and I know princess L would rather have a pink seat (poor kid has never had a seat bought just for her, she has always gotten hand me downs from her brother.)

britfish

I was going to order my Monterey from Diapers.com but I noticed it does say 2010 on it so I think the sale price is because of the DOM, at least thats what thought when I saw the price and the year notation.

love-pink

I ordered a rn from them a couple months ago it came to me with a broken head wing, broken memory foam, a pen mark across the cover and a jan 2010 dom. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
I called and they did send a new one, but that one was also from Jan 2010. I sent it back. :whistle:

Mae

I'd keep it....

Because personally, I'm not going to keep a seat for it's whole life - new seats come out too often, I'd be looking to replace it in 2-3years at the most.

Ditto that.

That's a risk you take when you order seats online; there is no way to know the DOM. That's also a probable reason that it was on sale to begin with. ;)

If every single person returned an "old" seat with some life gone, prices would do nothing but continue to go up. :twocents:

lovemybabies924

i think if a seat is on sale u should expect it to be at least 9-12m old..i have my tfp from there w/ jan10 dom, and i ordered my ft from amazon in december w/a 2/10 dom...it was on sale so i cant complain i guess

Farm_Mama

I agree that if seats are on sale, you can expect them to be a bit older.

However, the TFP I ordered is still full price, $250!!! Granted, I price matched so I didn't pay that, but still... Selling a 14mo seat at full MSRP is just wrong, IMO.

lovemybabies924

I agree that if seats are on sale, you can expect them to be a bit older.

However, the TFP I ordered is still full price, $250!!! Granted, I price matched so I didn't pay that, but still... Selling a 14mo seat at full MSRP is just wrong, IMO.

im still trying to decide if i should return mine or not...my kids took the tags off and put them in the garbage (they were "helping mom") but the lady at daipers said it was ok..but i dont want to send it back..them not refund me..and then i have to pay to get it back if they change their mind?

Farm_Mama

im still trying to decide if i should return mine or not...my kids took the tags off and put them in the garbage (they were "helping mom") but the lady at daipers said it was ok..but i dont want to send it back..them not refund me..and then i have to pay to get it back if they change their mind?

I don't think they care. I honestly doubt if they even open the boxes up when they get returns unless it was a return due to defect.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC