Question Shoulder space: OnSide vs Avenue

vmmatula

I can't find the data anywhere. Anyone know if the OnSide has more shoulder room than the Avenue? I've seen that the OnSide is the same shell as the Scenera but with added padding so it seems logical that it is then quite a bit narrower inside than the Scenera.

My sister says her 9 month old is looking uncomfortably scrunched thru the shoulder area in their Safeseat and too heavy to carry anyway so they're looking into convertibles. I doubt I can talk her into keeping him rfing super long but I'm working on her:)

Either way, he's a tall kid(and is genetically likely to remain that way)-torso and legs.
She has a scenera for a spare but would like to have something that is more padded for their primary seat.
She drives a Toyota minivan...not sure the year. She had a bit of sticker shock I think when she saw convertible seat prices so seems to want to not go over $100 but will budge a little if she has to. I've got her looking into the MyRide and EFTA but the Truefit seemed too pricey to consider at $140ish.

Any others I should recommend?

Thanks.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC