Smart Seat to the rescue!!

WhatAboutPuppy

I work at a childcare center in South East Portland... multiple families either do not own cars or choose to bike to and from the center year round. Well, we had below freezing temps and a little snow this morning so S's dad took tri-met to drop him off. I was at the front desk putting together a portfolio this evening and Dad was standing there and looked very very concerned. I asked how he was doing and he said he'd forgot S's helmet cuz they'd taken the bus this morning and he brought the bike to get them home (it's a longer than normal bike with the child seat and room for groceries and such)... ANYWAY!

I drove them home! Because I had the SS already installed! And they are really too far away to walk and up steep hills, no way S would've made it with his little 23 month old legs. I was seriously impressed they pedaled up that steep hill every single day with a 30 pound child.

I had to post this because I get a lot of comments about having a seat when I don't have any children or transport children nearly at all. Today is why.

ADS

ProudMommysince09

Yay for helping them out!! I soo want a SmartSeat, do you think the head pushing forward is such a big issue as it looks on pictures? I tried my DD in one tonight but it was late so she just wasnt having it and between that and the straps cutting in her neck, I totally forgot about that.

WhatAboutPuppy

I've transported this basically 2 year old and a 3.5 year old both rear facing. Their heads looked very comfy. But obviously that's probably not your true concern. I haven't seen a child ff in it yet! Lol I'm not much help.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ProudMommysince09

LOL thanks. No I mean RF, but Im still very much on the fence about it because my DD might hit 40lbs in the next 6mos or so and technically I still have a perfectly fine seat. I should just get it out of my head..

WhatAboutPuppy

That's great! And kudos for Dad, too, for being concerned about the helmet. :thumbsup:

Absolutely!! Dad rocks! He honestly looked like he was about to cry, I thought something was VERY wrong... He could've easily parked the bike in our locked fence area and taken tri-met home so there were options besides me. He just couldn't believe he forgot it. Obviously the equivalent would be showing up to pick up your kid without a car seat (as a tech). The odd part is, he is ff in a car when they rent the zip-cars. Sigh... I tried to mention what I could about RF. haha

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC