Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Monterey help

CPS Fanatic

Monterey help

Ok, so order DS a Monterey since he has been riding in a booster full time and I wanted a latching one. I have a few questions though. Is it on the narrowest setting when it comes out of the box? How do you get the latch hooks out? How tight do I make the latch hooks? I did read the manual but I am confused. Thanks for the help ladies. Hopefully I like this one more than the First Years B570.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Monterey help

I assume you are talking about the side wings? I can't remember if mine came on the most narrow setting or not. Probably. It's very simply to adjust, regardless. Just turn the knob/adjuster on the back.

The latch connectors should have come already routed properly. You may need to lengthen them in order to attach to your car. Then pull the strap to tighten. Just pull until all the slack is gone. You don't need to go crazy trying to get it tight.
    Tanya

Allie 6/6/03 - Monterey and Parkway
    Levi 4/3/05 - Probooster and Turbobooster

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Yes, it comes on the narrow setting.

There's an A-lock adjuster for lengthening the LATCH straps (you know, the kind so many seats have where you can move the straps while you press and hold the lever...). I don't have the seat in front of me right now, but I'm thinking it's on the bottom/under side.

You just need to get them tight enough that there's no slack. it doesn't have to be rock solid or anything.

The manual also says to attach the LATCH hooks upside down for convenience. I didn't find that any easier, so I skip it and do them right side up. Just my parental opinion.

I didn't bother doing them upside down, either.... it comes in the shortest/narrowest settings for shipping costs... the latch connectors are hooked on the edges of their paths on the back... read the manual, and you'll do fine.

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

CPS Fanatic

Thanks for the help ladies. I am going to play with the seat tomorrow since it is already dark tonight and very windy.