Monterey help

flutie128

Ok, so order DS a Monterey since he has been riding in a booster full time and I wanted a latching one. I have a few questions though. Is it on the narrowest setting when it comes out of the box? How do you get the latch hooks out? How tight do I make the latch hooks? I did read the manual but I am confused. Thanks for the help ladies. Hopefully I like this one more than the First Years B570.

ADS

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I assume you are talking about the side wings? I can't remember if mine came on the most narrow setting or not. Probably. It's very simply to adjust, regardless. Just turn the knob/adjuster on the back.

The latch connectors should have come already routed properly. You may need to lengthen them in order to attach to your car. Then pull the strap to tighten. Just pull until all the slack is gone. You don't need to go crazy trying to get it tight.

crunchierthanthou

Yes, it comes on the narrow setting.

There's an A-lock adjuster for lengthening the LATCH straps (you know, the kind so many seats have where you can move the straps while you press and hold the lever...). I don't have the seat in front of me right now, but I'm thinking it's on the bottom/under side.

You just need to get them tight enough that there's no slack. it doesn't have to be rock solid or anything.

The manual also says to attach the LATCH hooks upside down for convenience. I didn't find that any easier, so I skip it and do them right side up. Just my parental opinion.

Kat_Momof3

I didn't bother doing them upside down, either.... it comes in the shortest/narrowest settings for shipping costs... the latch connectors are hooked on the edges of their paths on the back... read the manual, and you'll do fine.

flutie128

Thanks for the help ladies. I am going to play with the seat tomorrow since it is already dark tonight and very windy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC