Vent Britax Bubble

Kobain's Mommy

I'm so flipping sick of the "Britax Bubble." So a friend posted on FB she needed to buy 4 new seats today for her kids. Instantly people start posting asking her what "Britax" she got. She basically said she got 4 "lower end" seats because she had to buy so many today. They started jumping on her about she should have bought a Britax and nothing is as safe as a Britax.:mad::thumbsdown: I did reply I would take my CA anyday over my MA.

ADS

Momx5

I think that it is easy to forget that this site is so full of amazing information about car seats which makes the "rest of the world" seem almost ignorant.

I come here to get answers because I know that there is no way I know enough about car seats to make educated decisions before researching.

I honestly had no clue there were other seats that were either just as well-made, or better than Britax until I did a google search for car seat information.

Once upon a time I had no idea about extended rear-facing either. Now that I do, I cringe when I hear someone ask when they can turn their baby around and immediately are answered with "1 and 20!" I forget that before I knew more about safety information I turned 3 kids around forward-facing with Doctor approval and excitement! :eek:

My point is that it is easy to forget that we are all learning as we parent :D

Farm_Mama

I hear ya. A lot of people equate a big price tag with it being the best unfortunately.
The only Britax I've ever liked is the Parkway. I'll be very sad when our two old style ones expire soon.
None of the convertibles have enough RFing legroom for my liking. I do :love: cowmoo though...

Kobain's Mommy

One of the Britax Bubble ladies knew about the Radian and said she did her "research" and that she found Britax was the best because of the $$$.

flutie128

I will say that I like my Roundabout50 but I like my True Fit more. I am just as happy with the Scerena in my mom's car but when I first had my DS I knew nothing about car seats besides I needed to use them. I had a rear adjust snugride20 when I believe the snugride22 was on the market (2004). I got comfortsports because I like the cover. DS was a big guy about 30 at a year so he was turned and I didn't think anything of it. I think my doctor even told me it was time to turn him. When he got to big for the CS I look at the Apex65 and an Eddie Bauer combination seat which I ended up buying since I didn't realize the apex had 4 slots and neither did the Babies R Us employee. I read on the sign it had 4 slots but I could only find 3 and the employee had no idea what I was talking about. At 3.5 he hit 40 pounds so against my better judgment he got a turbo booster since my mom pointed out he met the weight limit for the seat. I really did think he still needed a harness but I could not afford what was available at the time (the nautilus was not out yet). Right after DD was born I found this website and purchased a nautilus since he was not riding well.

I think it is hard as a parent because many of the grandparents did use car seats with their kids so they do not understand. I don't remember riding in a car seat and I was born in 1983. I do remember a shield booster though.

amp

I was in the Britax bubble as well, until I came here :thumbsup: I quickly learned that I wanted my 3 yr old ERF'ing and his MA wasn't going to do the job. I've also come to terms that the HB TB my 7 yr old uses occasionally is just as good as the others in it's class ;) It's so nice to know there are so many (good) options out there! I love my Britax seats though!

Last edited:

jenfrogmom

This is just my opinion, Britax is VERY user friendly, making it VERY easy to get a great install in a lot of vehicles. I truely believe this is why they are so popular. This is why I keep buying Britax.

DaniChildcare

There's nothing wrong with Britax, but i find it incredibly rude her FB friends were jumping all over her for NOT buying Britax.

aeormsby

There's nothing wrong with Britax, but i find it incredibly rude her FB friends were jumping all over her for NOT buying Britax.

Exactly. I must say I love my Britax seats. But I also really like the other seats we have for traveling because taking a Britax to the airport is not easy. (and if I was shopping for a convertible these days I probably wouldn't be buying a Britax - 5 years ago there weren't so many great options)

luckyclov

I hate the term "Britax Bubble".

Sure, there are clowns out there who buy them blindly and assume because they're more money, they're better, but the term is offensive to those of us who are informed and make "educated" decisions and still prefer Britax. Ease of use, comfort, the "allowed" option to leave a minor accident using one, FANTASTIC customer service, option to tether RF, cute patterns (yep, I said it), proactive recalls...those are all reasons I like Britax.

Meg

I hate the term "Britax Bubble".

Sure, there are clowns out there who buy them blindly and assume because they're more money, they're better, but the term is offensive to those of us who are informed and make "educated" decisions and still prefer Britax. Ease of use, comfort, the "allowed" option to leave a minor accident using one, FANTASTIC customer service, option to tether RF, cute patterns (yep, I said it), proactive recalls...those are all reasons I like Britax.
:yeahthat: Over half of my seats are Britax for all the reasons mentioned above^.

On my old expecting clubs and playgroup boards, Britax used to always be toted as the best. There was even the Britax blinkies that the 'experts' used to have in their sigline over on the car seat board, that certainly helped reinforce the idea Britax=$$$=Best. It's taking a long time for the idea that everything is inferior to Britax seats to die off. Although, I have seen some posts on those boards how Radians are now the best/safest too.:rolleyes:

Hopefully, you responded to your friend's post and left a little info about the safest seat is the one that fits your child, is installed correctly, and used properly every time, etc.

Baylor

I used to really get upset by the Britax or bust attitude because at the time, I could not afford one for my children.. Now I realize, That they are a great seat, but there are other seats just as great or even better for a particular car or family.

When people who push Britax as the best seems to me is that they just are not educated so to them, The most expensive has to be safest, When we know that is not true.

Last edited:

jess71903

Ambassador
Britax Bubble doesn't refer to people who buy them and use them correctly because they are the best choice for their children and situation. It refers to those that believe that because a child is in a Britax, is is automatically 1000% safer than any other seat out there, regardless of how it is installed or used. A 15 year old Britax FF with a 9 month old with loose straps and installed in the middle with the 2 outboard seatbelts is better than a brand new MyRide, RF with 1 seatbelt, with less than 1" of movement, and tight straps.

Twinklefae

Britax Bubble doesn't refer to people who buy them and use them correctly because they are the best choice for their children and situation. It refers to those that believe that because a child is in a Britax, is is automatically 1000% safer than any other seat out there, regardless of how it is installed or used. A 15 year old Britax FF with a 9 month old with loose straps and installed in the middle with the 2 outboard seatbelts is better than a brand new MyRide, RF with 1 seatbelt, with less than 1" of movement, and tight straps.

^^ This, exactly. There was a woman on my local sale board who was asking for a Britax for her daughter 'crashed, expired, whatever, as long as it's Britax' because she thought it was THAT much safer, and couldn't afford one new. I messaged back and forth with her a few times, but she could NOT understand it.

That is what I mean when I say Britax Bubble - the people who are so convinced that they are the only seat out there worth buying, and that the kid is in some sort of protective bubble because of the name on the seat.

hrice

I just got a Cowmoo MA70 and now am am having a terrible time hearing what DS is saying. Damn bubble!

kaitlyn

Senior Community Member
I also agree that the "Britax Bubble" term doesn't apply to people who researched and bought the best seat for their situation.

I am so sick of having people tell me that their kids are fine with loose straps or FF too early because they're in a Britax. I've had so many people they're not worried about their loose install or expired seat because it's a Britax, and I've had issues with parents coming to me upset and stressed because people lectured them for not buying Britax. A seat being a Britax doesn't mean people don't have to at the very least stay RF to 1 and have safe, tight installs.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Kobain's Mommy

This is how a lot of people I've seen on FB view a Britax seat. I have a MA, it's our back up because it's the easiest to install in most vehicles. But in our primary cars I'll take my CA any day over the MA for the pure fact it's cheaper, just as safe, and will keep him RFing longer (he's also tall for his age).

But what gets me angry is those that jump all over someone for NOT buying a Britax for whatever reason. I had a friend call me in tears one day. She said her friends were all over for buying a GN over a Frontier. Because of them she was worried if she got in a crash and her child died she'd wonder if the GN was a good idea because all her friends said the Britax was better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC