Wish I could take you all along.

Baylor

I have been shopping for a new seat maybe a frontier85 and a booster for DS1.. When I get there I am sometimes overwhelmed with choices and options.. I wish I could just take you all along for a consult!

I always have it in mind what I am going to buy but I get there and think" Am I missing an option? Is there something better for him? " And now with the Argos coming.. Should I weight for HWH seat for DS2?

UGH!

ADS

SignCuer

I undy the feeling! I'm often at BBB, or Great Beginnings, or BRU to see if there's parents that needs help (so they can stay far away of staff there who are clueless about seats (I'm speaking of my area))

Booster sounds great for DS1. Frontier85 might be not necessary for DS1 since he's already in booster mode so just get a booster for him and that should last him a good while.

How much time left does DS2 have in his GN?

Baylor

DS1 Would actually like to re harness. He likes the control because he is the very back of the van. He likes to get in and out by himself. With the FR85 I could also move him back to center of back seat. Which is where I like him the best.

As for the 3 yr old, He is at the second highest slot, and growing fast.

I want to be able to keep him harnessed as long as possible. So I figure even if ds1 gets only the school year out of the FR85, And needs a dedicated Booster at that point, I will certainly use it for DS2 and then just sell the GN's.

Baylor

Yep. He is so huge. He is wearing size 5 pants and shirts. Size 12 shoes. He was stockier but now he is just getting taller and thinning out. And let's face it, I really don't feel as I have tried enough seats yet..;) I have missed a lot of the cool convertibles out there, I may as well have some fun with the HWH and boosters right? :)

hrice

I would get a FR85. From the looks of the Argos it is about the same size as the Nauti.

Baylor

I probably will get the FR85.. Not to say I won't have to play with an ARGOS at some point.:whistle:

Nice there are more options for us past the Newbie, infant stage to play with.

I am dying for someone in my family to have a baby and want a Smartseat so I can play with it first hand!

MoreLatte

I think you'll like the FR85, especially when compared to the GN. Not saying the GN isn't a good seat but for me, the features of the FR beat out the GN. The no-rethread harness and natural recline that prevents headslump are big ones for me.

Baylor

I think you'll like the FR85, especially when compared to the GN. Not saying the GN isn't a good seat but for me, the features of the FR beat out the GN. The no-rethread harness and natural recline that prevents headslump are big ones for me.

Yeah, I can not wait to go try them out. I have been trying to get there for a week or two but my brother is moving and I am helping him get the house ready.

Hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I am trying to just take the 6.5 yr old. So I can really play and see what he thinks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC