Convertible in 06 Toyota Sienna for almost 1 year old? (moved from Re: Convertible car seat search)

U

Unregistered

I am also having a hard time choosing a convertible car seat for my soon to be one year old daughter. I have the Evenflo Symphony for my older son, but hate that the straps slip down when I take him out and that he can wiggle out from not being adjusted properly. I do like the surelatch feature though. I drive an 06 Toyota Sienna. My little girl was 17lbs 4 oz and 26.5" about 6 weeks ago. I would love to hear some recommendations!

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Unregistered said:
I am also having a hard time choosing a convertible car seat for my soon to be one year old daughter. I have the Evenflo Symphony for my older son, but hate that the straps slip down when I take him out and that he can wiggle out from not being adjusted properly. I do like the surelatch feature though. I drive an 06 Toyota Sienna. My little girl was 17lbs 4 oz and 26.5" about 6 weeks ago. I would love to hear some recommendations!

Are you getting him tight enough? It concerns me that he is wiggling out. How old is he and is he rearfacing or forward facing? If he is forward facing I would suggest giving her the symphony and buying him a new seat or maybe even buying both a new seat if they are wiggling out of the harness on the symphony.

My favorite convertibles (in no order) are the graco myride, safety1st compete air, truefit, truimph (but has the same type of harness, so I would skip it).

Stefanie, cpst in iowa - mom to 4 great kids

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC