Walmart.com ad...whoa!

Jakesmama

I tried searching for this as I know someone must have seen this already but didn't find any posts on it. Also, if this goes against the UA please feel free to move/delete.

Has anyone seen the car seat pic used in an ad on walmart.com? The straps are coming off of baby's shoulders..and what seat is that even?? It has no chest clip? and it's ffing! (it's the second picture in the little slideshow)

Who to contact to correct the misuse?

ADS

family5oregon

I saw that also a few days ago...thought they screwedup and put the wrong ad in, maybe overseas ad because of no chest clip. :whistle::confused:

Baylor

REALLY??????

Come on. There should be a law that if you show a child in an advertisement for a child safety product it should be used properly in the ad.

You know what? I realized the longer I am here, the more I read the more these kind of things,The more I want to pull my hair out.

tjham

I emailed them about it a few weeks ago. They did not respond. Then I got a survey saying "How was our customer service?" I detailed my complaint about the picture and that no one had responded. That was the last I heard. :rolleyes: And it's still there.

Maybe if more people complain, they will do something about it. Probably not... :(

Emi's Mommy

Wasn't this discussed awhile back? I thought someone said that it might have been a European seat?

I do agree though that any ad in which a car seat is featured should be a current seat, legal to use in the country the ad is running in, and properly used. In this instance, it's not that hard to push the strap on the shoulder :confused:

P1ally

Keep emailing customer service, or call corporate.

When the nauti came out, they had it listed as an infant seat.. :eek:

I emailed customer service and explained that they were endangering babies lives, and could be held responsible for their deaths (kind of a stretch, but shh)... They nearly pooped themselves, and emailed/called me several times to make sure it had been corrected.

icnee

I think it is rear facing> I also thin k it is a euro seat cause of the long shoulder covers, no chest clip and the buckle looks strikingly simular to the one on my MT.

I really dont see why it is so hard to put straps on shoulders and pull tight.

DaniChildcare

It looks forward facing to me.

However, it's definitely not a US seat. Those crotch buckles are the ones used mostly in the UK, and the no chest clip pretty much gives it away.

(just for fun, after visiting the "walmart" site for the UK, i would guess it's a Maxi Cosi or a Britax First Class)

Not sure if someone screwed up and used the UK picture on the US site or what though

Now that i look at it again, it does look like it could be RFing.

Jakesmama

Hmmm, it is hard to tell if it's rfing or ffing (the seat back looks really close to the baby's feet indicating rfing but the window looks like a back seat window with the little tiny part toward the back of the vehicle indicating possible ffing). I emailed them and we'll see. I figured it must be a euro seat but how weird for walmart to have an ad with a euro seat in it!

I've seen some other ads out there over the years and agree that there should be some sort of responsibility on the part of the retailers to meet safety standards.

Jakesmama

It looks forward facing to me.

However, it's definitely not a US seat. Those crotch buckles are the ones used mostly in the UK, and the no chest clip pretty much gives it away.

(just for fun, after visiting the "walmart" site for the UK, i would guess it's a Maxi Cosi or a Britax First Class)

Not sure if someone screwed up and used the UK picture on the US site or what though

Now that i look at it again, it does look like it could be RFing.

I'm voting that it's a First Class with gray harness covers instead of the black on Asda's website. :whistle:

katiesmommy

No, that's FF'ing. There's a window behind the kid. If he was FF'ing there wouldn't be a window right behind him. I'm really not surprised to see this on any major retailers website though.

DaniChildcare

Jakesmama - that was my guess too!

No, that's FF'ing. There's a window behind the kid. If he was FF'ing there wouldn't be a window right behind him. I'm really not surprised to see this on any major retailers website though.

well, yes and no. It depends on where the photo is taken in the car. If the baby is in a captains chair in the second row of a van, and the photographer is in the third row taking the picture, the window would be behind the baby. That would explain the headrest in front of the baby, IF the baby is RFing. To get a kids face in the picture of a RFing seat, there's no way to take it from the front seat of the car.

However looking AGAIN at the picture, baby appears to be FFing because the window is "split" and the windows are only split like that towards the back of the window, making the baby FFing. (i hope that makes sense)

Jakesmama

I keep looking at it and I reaaalllly think the kid's ffing. Out the window there is a car and if they are parked the same way then the seat is ffing.

I'm not surprised just definitely not impressed!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC