Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

IDSO Nauti/Maestro/? for a small 4yo

My friend is BROKE and her 4 year old DS has outgrown his Scenera and Cosco HBB (w/harness). His shoulders are just over the top slots. He weighs 35#.

Does anyone have a harnessed seat CHEAP that you can sell her? With like 2 yrs of life left? leftShe will need 2. She can't even afford the $80 Maestro.
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: IDSO Nauti/Maestro/? for a small 4yo

I wish I could help. I'm in search of the same for people I know. You might check safe kids to see if they have seats for $25. Usually they give out the evenflo something or other with 16 inch top slots.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

I just called and can get an Evenflo Generations for $65. Below that they only have a Scenera.
    Heather, proud mommy to:

Carseat Crazy

I'm not sure it is helpful, but I do have 2 FPSVD DOM June 2006 that are just sitting here. I would love for someone to be able to get use from them until they expire June 2012 and am willing to just give them to someone for the cost of shipping. I'm in CT so not sure paying shipping is worth it for the 1 1/4 years left on them but if you are interested let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by mytwobugs View Post
    I'm not sure it is helpful, but I do have 2 FPSVD DOM June 2006 that are just sitting here. I would love for someone to be able to get use from them until they expire June 2012 and am willing to just give them to someone for the cost of shipping. I'm in CT so not sure paying shipping is worth it for the 1 1/4 years left on them but if you are interested let me know.
    What is the top harness slot height?

Shipping would be to 78233. I only need one. I bought her a new Maestro last week.
    Heather, proud mommy to:

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by hrice View Post
    What is the top harness slot height?

Shipping would be to 78233. I only need one. I bought her a new Maestro last week.
    I can't find a tape measure but it is the same shell as the old MA/BLVD. I haven't shipped anything big like this before so I'm a little clueless about the cheapest way. UPS? Fed-ex? USPS? I assume there are online calculators? Help anyone

p.s. I double checked and one is actually DOM of August 2006.

Carseat Crazy

Ok, found a tape measure. I'm getting 16.5" for the top slot.
    If I'm doing it right looks like for USPS parcel post (thanks christineka!) is about $21. By my measurements it should fit in a small enough box to not be oversize. (Of course I would have to find a box first!) I even had the original boxes they came in until I went on a basement cleaning spree last summer

Quote Originally Posted by mytwobugs View Post
    I can't find a tape measure but it is the same shell as the old MA/BLVD. I haven't shipped anything big like this before so I'm a little clueless about the cheapest way. UPS? Fed-ex? USPS? I assume there are online calculators? Help anyone

p.s. I double checked and one is actually DOM of August 2006.
    USPS Parcel Post is usually cheapest. You will want to use the smallest box possible to avoid shipping surcharges.
    Heather, proud mommy to: