Question Need some Peg Perego stroller help!!! Opinions please!!!

msuarez919

I have a Chicco Capri/C6 and I really like it. It's done me well but I've started taking some long walks with my 2 kids and the almost 4 year old is having a hard time keeping up. I imagine as it gets hotter, this will become an even bigger issue. So I've started looking at stroller boards that I could attach to my existing Chicco. Most of them are roughly $90 and have pretty mixed reviews. The Valco Hitch Hiker had some of the best reviews but I've decided that for the same or even less money, I can find a stroller that has some foot boards/pegs. Not to mention that all the stroller boards I've seen stick out pretty far making it difficult for the pusher (thats me :)) to walk normally. So, this means I have to find a Peg Perego Pliko or P3 used for under $90. I can also then sell my current stroller to help the expense a bit. I should preface this with the fact that my local Craigslist SUCKS and quality baby gear is scarce. I've found 2 on ebay, I guess I want to run them by you guys to see if these are good deals :). The first listing has a stock photo (I've attached) and I could buy it now for $30 plus $35 shipping. I've emailed the seller (who has 100% good feedback) about some more specific details (especially regarding the foot boards/pegs). It appears to be the 2003 Pliko model that preceded the P3 but not so ancient that it doesn't have a child tray. (Here's a link explaining the differences between the Pliko and the P3: http://mamakath-ivil.tripod.com/mystrollercollection/id17.html ) I should also say that it's been described as a metallic color and not the sand color from the stock photo (which I like because I think that tan is ugly). Worst case, I can pay $65 for this right now and have a stroller with foot boards. My other option is this stroller:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280631464772&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT. It also can be had for $65 right now but bidders could be lurking and the price could go up. It's newer. It has larger foot board. It is missing the tray, which isn't a huge deal considering I have 14 month old and her Current Chicco doesn't have a tray either. It would be roughly $30-$40 to replace it if I did want to. There's also a left trigger missing on the side but it supposedly doesn't affect functionality. So which one guys??? There's only 15 hours left on the newer one, should I go for the newer one with some flaws (and it might get pricier) or the older one which is guaranteed to be no more then $65 and appears to have been owned by the seller? Thanks!!!

Last edited:
ADS

Rosey

I love my P3. I bought it used and it has been a work horse. The footboard on mine is pretty narrow so older kids don't ride on it for too long. I think they have corrected that in the newer versions.

Did you get one of the ones you linked?

msuarez919

No, the newer one ended up going for $76 and I decided if I'm going to pay upwards of $100, I wanted a tray, no missing parts and a cover that I love :) I still can't get the other seller to email me an actual pic of the Pliko or give me some more specs/details...not a good sign to buy from someone who can't take the time to answer some questions...So I'm now looking at some of the new P3's on ebay (2008, 2009 models, brand new)...They're roughly $150...I'm going to have to save for a bit, but I think it's worth it...I also think you're right about bigger foot boards, it would make a difference even if they are only a tad bit bigger...Thanks so much for your input!

Jennifer mom to my 7

TRuthfully, if you are taking long walks like that, I would look for a double that your almost 4 year old would fit in. Are these walks for you, or for the kids, or both? Using the step on the peg isn't great for long term use, or futher distances.

msuarez919

TRuthfully, if you are taking long walks like that, I would look for a double that your almost 4 year old would fit in. Are these walks for you, or for the kids, or both? Using the step on the peg isn't great for long term use, or futher distances.

I had a Joovy sit and stand stroller and HATED it...It took an act of god to steer the thing and it was just massive. The walks are for all of us, fresh air and exercise do us all really good :). I want my son primarily walking but I want an option that can give him a way to catch his breath and rest for a bit when he needs to. Making him mostly walk also makes it easier at bedtime, too KWIM :) I really think the P3 is going to be my best option. :)

M

Mrs.Lee

I LOVE my plikos. I have the regular one (think its an 08 active edition in orange) and a switch...I love them both. I like the original for dd (2.5) and the switch for ds (11mo but the size of about an 8mo old) hubby and I usually go out together and take them both, but when I go out alone dd can use the step for 30 mins or so no issues

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC