Is there a booster you'd love to import?

cookie123

With much so 'to do' about Multitechs recently, it got me wondering - is there a booster that is so fabulous you'd love it import it?

ADS

Yoshi

I already have:p I got the Britax/Romer Kidfix and the Recaro Monza before we had the Probooster in the US. I sold my Kidfix recently...I had too many boosters. The reason I got the Kidfix is because I have a Monarch that was expiring soon and wanted something similar w/deep wings and Isofix. It was terrific and DD loved it. :thumbsup:

cookie123

I see the Recaro has those same feet, for lack of a better term. Is this what makes the Probooster tippy?

twinsmom

I already have:p I got the Britax/Romer Kidfix and the Recaro Monza before we had the Probooster in the US. I sold my Kidfix recently...I had too many boosters. The reason I got the Kidfix is because I have a Monarch that was expiring soon and wanted something similar w/deep wings and Isofix. It was terrific and DD loved it. :thumbsup:

You sold your Kidfix!? Wow, I missed that.

I am impatiently awaiting 2 Kidfixes.....

Baylor

That Kidfix looks awesome! I was thinking why would anyone import a booster we have so many great choices and then I see this... You guys are killing me;)

I want one.:(

AtTheSouthDam

You sold your Kidfix!? Wow, I missed that.

I am impatiently awaiting 2 Kidfixes.....

so... ummm.. how exactly are you expecting them? I know how to get a Swedish seat here but have't figured out how exactly to import others with out emailing random people/companies and begging.

gsdguenter

I have yet to venture into booster land, so please help me understand what is better about Eurpoean boosters. I've read about people importing them, but don't know about why.

For example, the Kidfix, Concord Lift, Recaro Monza (I think)

twinsmom

What happened to the Rodi? Did you not like it? I can't wait to see pics of your kidfixes!

Oh sure, I like the Rodi. I like it a lot actually. But it's an illness, you know.:p I've been lusting after the Kidfix for awhile. The plan is to use them in my car, and the Rodis will be in DH's car.

firemomof3

What made you choose the Kidfix over lets say the Oobr or Parkway SGL? I would love to see pics of the kids in the Rodi :love:

twinsmom

What made you choose the Kidfix over lets say the Oobr or Parkway SGL? I would love to see pics of the kids in the Rodi :love:

I bought the Rodis originally for DH's car when the kids were riding in their Multitechs in my car. When I sold the MT's I moved the Rodis to my car. I like the Rodi a lot but I really want rigid latch for their full time boosters. I believe the Oobr (don't really like it) and the Cybex (mixed review here) are the only US choices with rigid latch. I considered the Monterey but from what I hear it doesn't fit skinny kids well.

I've had my eye on the Kidfix for a long time (probably from way back when I got the MT's:eek:). Yoshi was kind enough to let me try hers and I really like it, and it fits my kids well. Gotta get my fix of Swedish seats, after all!:D

I do have some pics of the Rodi that I'll dig up and post here. It is a very nice booster, and I'm surprised it's not mentioned here more often.

gsdguenter

So is the big draw the rigid LATCH? Now I want to import a booster when LOs are booster ready (not for a long time) :p

Morganthe

I considered the Monterey but from what I hear it doesn't fit skinny kids well.

I keep hearing that too, but I have a skinny kid who fits in her Montereys like a glove. :shrug-shoulders: :scratcheshead: If she didn't have the barcalounger regent, she'd be in a Monterey 100% of the time. It's the one seat she's tested out that have enough support for her long legs.

I have a few German friends who are envious of the expanding side wings on the Monterey. Their kids WERE skinny, but as they aged, their shoulder area became cramped. So they're now using backless boosters as their only option at 8 & 9 years old, which is typical for kids this age.
Honestly, I examine the European boosters often in the stores and I just don't like them. The fabric is itchy or the padding is nonexistent... oh and they're very very expensive. :eek:

Maybe it's because I live in the boonies. I just haven't seen any booster seats in stores that I think would be worth the extra money to replace dd's current seats. What she has, works. Now I do have a small collection of backless boosters because they're sooooo handy at this age/size. I actually considered adding another one to the fold because it was simple, deep seated, and nice cover. Not bad for 17 euros. I'm still thinking about it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC