XTSL Shadow vs Eclipse?

Momx5

Can anyone tell me the difference between the type of fabric on each seat? I had my mind set on the eclipse, but now with the shadow out I am wondering what the difference is.

Thanks in advance :)

ADS

afdani1984

I have the shadow cover, and to me it looks like denim, only softer. It's hard to explain but it looks nothing like what I expected. The photos online look black, and to me it looks like a very dark blue. Although my husband says I'm colorblind when it comes to black and blue. I was planning on getting some pictures of it hopefully this week, and since someone else asked as well on my other thread..I will post them.

sunnymw

i was told shadow is similar to britax's onyx but no experience.

i have one of the mesh covers and HATE HATE HATE it.

Momx5

i have one of the mesh covers and HATE HATE HATE it.

Is that what the Eclipse is? I have the Flora for my 4.5yo and love the fabric. I do not like mesh at all. I had Frontiers for my older boys that were almost all and did not care for them at all. They stained too easily.

My baby is almost out of his infant bucket and I know I want another Radian, I am just not sure which one.

Momx5

I have the shadow cover, and to me it looks like denim, only softer.

The fabric is not mesh then? I do not like the look of the ventura, but I know I would like the fabric. If it comes down to the way it feels over how it looks, I will choose the ventura, but I am hoping the Shadow has a smoother feel than the Eclipse looks like it has. I am not sure if the Eclipse is mesh or not. I am trying to avoid that :)

afdani1984

If you mean mesh as in like..the silky/shiny/slick material for like..a pair of gym shorts, then no the Shadow is not mesh. It's definately fabric, but it has a texture to it.

WhatAboutPuppy

Just a warning... I'm going to make Shadow sound like Heaven... That's how much I just absolutely LOVED Shadow! lol

My pictures are all technical pictures but they do the job!
Here is the black, it's velvety soft. :love:
ODYSSEY.jpg
[/IMG]

I am realizing while I'm looking through my pictures that it is really hard to tell that it is not mesh... in person it's obvious and beautiful. lol
EXPEDITION2.jpg

Again, I'm not sure you can tell, but not mesh... Reminds me a lot of the Britax Onyx.
IMG_0526.jpg

Found the perfect shot! You can tell in this one that it's shinier... super easy to clean, good representation of the actual color too...
IMG_5503.jpg

Momx5

Thank you thank you thank you for posting the pictures!! The fabric looks similar to what I just got on the vivo boosters. woot!

I just ordered it from diapers.com and it should be here tomorrow!! I am so stinking excited right now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC