Maybe the Marathon 70?

Stacy

After a series of seat returns :eek:, I am now considering the MA70, but I have a couple questions if anyone has experience with this seat-

* Is this the same shell as the Roundabout 55 (height/width/depth)?
* Which cover(s) would be good for a hot and humid climate (FL)? Is the Cowmoo too plush for a summertime RF-er? I am looking at Waverly and Onyx, but are these really as rough feeling as they look in the pics?

Any IRL pics would be awesome!

I really want to love this seat and keep DD RF! Please enable me, lol! :)

ADS

laudymama

I can only comment about the seat fabrics because I live in FL also. I have only personally seen the Onyx and I wouldn't call it soft but it wasn't rough either. If you have ever seen the Chicco infant seats I would most compare it to that. I recently was in your shoes looking for a Britax seat w/ South Fl weather in mind. DS was always soaked w/ sweat after riding in his Chicco bucket and I couldn't wait to get him off that unbreathable fabric. I personally feel that for down here the material that the CA's use is the best for hot weather-our AOE had same material and he was never once hot or sweaty after riding in it. I had to get rid of the seat for various reasons and will not buy anymore Dorel products so it makes it hard to find other seats w/ that type of fabric. I really wanted a Britax and unfortunately their fabrics are either like the Onyx or plush like Cowmoo-was so disappointed! Really didn't like that the onyx was so similar to the Chicco fabric I despised, so went w/ an unknown for me and got a plush seat (opus gray-which is exact same material as cowmoo) and so far have been fairly pleased and surprised DS isn't hotter-and he is RF. Obviously cannot attest to the summer months yet but thus far the hot days have proved sweat free :)

Stacy

Thanks for the insight on the Onyx. What seat do you have with that gray cover? Is that a MA70?

laudymama

No problem, hope I could help at least a little :)
The gray one we have is the Advocate70-fantastic deal w/ the BRU trade in was hard to pass up!

DaniChildcare

I have cowmoo (although it's the one from the RA classic, so not sure if it's different now) but, i haven't had any problems with it during the summer at all. (I live in CA)

Stacy

I haven't had any issues with the classic Britaxes, either. The RA55 has very plush covers. I am wonduring if the MA70's covers are similar? I am looking at Waverly, Cowmoo, and maybe Crimson.

What's the verdict on the shell? Same as RA55?

hrice

I just got my Cowmoo MA70 today. It is plush just like the Classic seats. I took pics of my 32 month old in it RF. He has at least one year left RF. He is 32# and about 37". I will measure him and post pics tomorrow :)

MirMom

I just got my MA70 in the Blueprint color. It has more of a slick feel to it, but also seems very comfortable for my 4 month old daughter. It might be an option for a warmer climate. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Same shell as the RA55, but the headrest makes it look like there's less time to rearface in it (it pushes the head forward, it's really tough to get a 'one inch' estimate on the head from the top of the shell that way), but the headrest actually makes the harness taller for FF. But it's a small difference, maybe a couple months. I haven't seen but the BRU covers IRL, but I always liked the velour type in the summer in California and Virginia (in parts of those states that are blazing and humid, I promise, lol). :twocents:

Stacy

Anyone have IRL pics of the covers? I am seriously falling in love with Onyx, but I don't want DD suffering all summer long with an uncomfortable fabric. Which one should I get??? :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC