How do you figure out...

mommyof3tx

How much to sell a seat for? I don't plan on selling on here so I hope it's ok to ask. I have 2 radians...1 is about 1.5yrs old the other I need to check but under a year I'm almost sure. They are both XTSL. How do I figure out how much to ask if selling locally, so shipping isn't a factor? I think I've seen some "formula" using how much time is left and retail and condition? But can't remember what it was

ADS

leighi123

I did the cost of the seat (retail before discounts/sales, and including shipping) divided by number of years it lasts, - the number of years it was used.

I think I even went further and figured out what the seat cost per month, and then subtracted the number of months I used it...

mommyof3tx

Ok so using that if I listed on Craigslist the newer Radian (after I check the DOM, but assuming it's right at a year old) for $250 is fair? The cover is in perfect condition

The other one being older asking $225? It's about 1.5yrs old, though the cover is in a bit more used condition, still really good but doesn't look new anymore so maybe I should take off a bit for that?

Cryssy Jane

I did the cost of the seat (retail before discounts/sales, and including shipping) divided by number of years it lasts, - the number of years it was used.

I think I even went further and figured out what the seat cost per month, and then subtracted the number of months I used it...

I do this too, except I use the current price not retail. So if it's on sale for 20% off then I go off of the 20% off price then divide years to months and subtract to get a price range. Some times you can get a little more and sometimes a little less depending on situation.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC