Help me think this through...

kidrepair

We are due with #4 in Oct. after the baby is born we will have do carseat rearranging to fit everyone...here is our setup now...we have an older van with one sliding door and no headrests on rear bench...captains chairs in center row..

behind driver-11.5 yr. old-backless booster(this is the only car she does not pass 5 step test in)
behind passenger -4 yr. old-RN-ff
rear bench,passenger side-7 yr. old-PW(older style)

We will have to move the 4 yr. old to back once baby comes, the RN does not work back there at all, we do have a GN that I'm not too happy with yet, she still sleeps a lot and has head slump, but that might change in 7-8 mo., so I could use that, was thinking of buying a TF or TFP for 4 yr. old to use in the back until baby grows out of bucket and baby could then use it and by then she will most likely not be sleeping in the car as much and can move into the GN...do you think that would be a good idea? Trying to think ahead and use tax money to possibly get something now...

And if I were to buy a TF would you recommend the TF or the TFP? We have an older van, so I worry about safety and I like the idea of the TFP...

ADS

Kat_Momof3

does your van have holes for headrests?? or are there just none regardless??

where are your top tether anchors??

What make/model/year of van is it?? I'm trying to figure out how to enable you to successfully install the Radian in the middle (assuming there is a top tether there)

I would probably et rid of the Nautilus... and plan to move the baby to a convertible seat that will fit in the third row (possibly next to the Radian) so you can load baby through the rear and make it easier to get everyone in and out, as well as give your 7yr old a headrest in the 2nd row when the time comes that a backless is needed.

kidrepair

92 Town & Country, no headrests in rear and no way to add them that we can see..we have one tether that my husband installed behind rear bench, drivers side, looks like they allow one there and one behind driver on captains chair...hoping to get a new car before 7 year old needs a backless, she should last a few more years hopefully and if she needs it before then, I can then move baby and DD3 to back. DD3 rode rf until she was 3y1m and we just crawled in and strapped her in behind driver, pain in the butt with only one sliding door, but we needed the other captains chair to be free to access the rear seats, but figured with a newbie, we could keep the base behind passenger, load everyone in then click bucket in, hoping dd3 can strap herself in by then, otherwise DD2 can help her and does a great job...

Kat_Momof3

okay... I'd put your DD3 where the top tether is... I'd keep the oldest in the 2nd row... your DD2 where she is.

I'd put baby in the 2nd row for now... but probably move him to the middle of the third row in a narrow convertible (combi coccoro for example) and load baby through the hatch long term to make it easier to access your dd3 if she's still unable to buckle herself.

if she can, then leave baby in the 2nd row as long as you like (I'd still get him a narrow seat in case you ever want to put 3 across for a long trip where you want you or your husband to ride in back, or in case you have someone else with you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC