Really Concerned About a Manufacturer

Cognito*

I just checked out Kids Embrace on another site & commented about some things that were incorrect. I also posted about not using LATCH & seatbelt to someone who said they used both. Kids Embrace then asked ME for info on expiration. Before I could answer they deleted me from their page & deleted my comments. Anything that is a legitimate customer service question or posted for the bare minimum legal safety of children gets deleted. I'm angry and sickened by this.

ADS

MamaLinzie

They have accused my friend of working for Britax and trying to get information for them. When I went to defend her, I, too, was deleted and blocked from posting anymore.

My friend, Karen H, has asked them several times what their top harness heights are. They have refused to answer, saying that giving out that info gives people reason to fault them. She then asked how many harness slots there are, and that's when they told her they wouldn't tell her because she obviously works for Britax.?? Why does she work for Britax? Because she wants information about a seat before she buys one? Apparently so.

I'm not sure whats going on with this company, but their behavior on their facebook page is awfully alarming.

hrice

They are shady and I will never buy a seat from them or reccomend one. After the advertising posts on here that they tried to guise as a consumer rave and the mysterious person who was in wreck with her son and the only reason he survived was because he was in a Kids Embrace seat. Yeah, me no likey.:thumbsdown:

Baylor

:yeahthat:

The one place there should be no shady business or covering or false advertising is in keeping the babies safe.

Disgusts me really.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The misinformation over there is rampant!

They have stated that most car seats have an expiration of TEN years after DOM. Most? Really? I think the most I've seen in North America is the Frontier at 8 or 9 years? And the Nauti backless portion at 9 years.

Then someone asked if the expiration varied on the configuration of seats (i.e. Different expiry for harnessed vs booster like the Nauti) and they responded saying that configuration didn't matter!

Also, they stated the top harness slot at 16.5" in a wall post further down the page so I have no idea why they would jump on your friend when they've already given out the info!

turtlemama

So the lady saying the KidsEmbrace saved her child wasn't an actual customer? I forgot to go back and find out what happened with that.
I personally wouldn't buy one since the top slots are low and they are just plain creepy in general. I know I'd be scared more than once getting into the car and seeing human shaped figure in the back seat.

Cognito*

I know I'm warning all of my "board ladies" (as DH would call them) not to give them a second thought. I just don't know what to do. The incorrect & unsafe info sickens me. Hopefully word of mouth can help people realize they shouldn't by these seats. I tried emailing through their website, but got an error message too. Sadly, they are on Wal-mart & have SpongeBob so it will probably sell though. *sigh*

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
turtlemama said:
So the lady saying the KidsEmbrace saved her child wasn't an actual customer?

No one knows for sure. It could be legit: an overzealous mom who is grateful her kids' seat did its job. Or a ploy by a manufacturer who has already done shady things.

Cognito*

No one knows for sure. It could be legit: an overzealous mom who is grateful her kids' seat did its job. Or a ploy by a manufacturer who has already done shady things.

There's a lady on their FB giving that story & she also said she used latch & seatbelt to be extra safe. When I mentioned that it wasn't a good idea my comment was promptly deleted. :mad:

Kat_Momof3

that just sounds so weird... I don't get why any company would try to hide information about a product, or try to prevent people helping people.

ETA - I went and posted a response to her having used both... stating it very nicely... "you are definitely not supposed to use both... NHTSA has released info indicating that using both actually causes more harm, not more help, by putting double the pressure on the beltpath of the seat."

while they didn't answer my question about when I could find the seat IN STORES... or respond to my comment about other seats having taller top slots (when they said none except the frontier did), they haven't resorted to deleting them yet... we'll see if I end up getting the boot over time, too.

ETA (again) - I scrolled down and noticed they removed my comment asking when we would see the seat IN a store to be able to play/try before buying... hmmm

I wish I knew who "Karen" was... since they left THEIR response that she was a paid Britax Representative... I mean, really, since when are people from one company not allowed to share unbiased questions and answers on other company's facebook pages when it is not on behalf of their company, but out of true interest?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Kat_Momof3 said:
ETA - I went and posted a response to her having used both... stating it very nicely... "you are definitely not supposed to use both... NHTSA has released info indicating that using both actually causes more harm, not more help, by putting double the pressure on the beltpath of the seat."
/QUOTE]

Is that true? I didn't think we had any evidence other than "Because the manufacturer said so."

yea sketchy.. I think those seats are ugly but still there are lots of people who want one, and might not know.. Personally I think it looks like a seat for a doll in the pic lol a big doll though

turtlemama

I posted asking about the top slots.
The spokesperson is telling people that most seats have 10 year life spans, this is not true, correct?
I saw where he told someone named Karen that they are not allowed to post anymore because of being from Britax.

Kat_Momof3

I know I'd seen research on it... can't find it, though... so I removed my comment, and rephrased it - "you are definitely not supposed to use both... NHTSA has released it could actually causes more harm, not more help, by putting double the pressure on the beltpath of the seat. - http://babyproducts.about.com/od/carseats/f/LATCH_SB.htm "

I see I should have removed the s to make it "cause", but that's good enough.

I posted asking about the top slots.
The spokesperson is telling people that most seats have 10 year life spans, this is not true, correct?
I saw where he told someone named Karen that they are not allowed to post anymore because of being from Britax.
they are not from britax actually, I was reading it a few minutes ago (I am not a friend or what ever on facebook but I can see the comments) I believe Karen is a friend of Lindsey's (second poster on this thread) I find it crazy that she was accused of being a paid rep of britax.. haha I would show it to britax and see if I could get a pay check lol

ame0312

i cant find them on facebook... anybody want to link me? thanks!

nevermind... found it... it's all one word for anyone else looking...

Last edited:

MamaLinzie

Karen is a close, personal friend of mine IRL and is in no way related to Britax. She called me this morning shocked (and rather amused) that they are trying to say she is with Britax. They deleted another post of hers where she was asking about their patent, because there was a thread going on about that. The FB page is saying Brent Cymbalski has applied for a separate patent than KIDSEMbrace.. and we cant figure that one out. All in all, its very shady.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC