Big Kid vs Big Kid DLX vs Big Kid Deluxe??

Mommy2Marcus

So I tried Marcus in the Big Kid & the general consensus is that it fits him well. So now my question is which version would you go for? Wal-Mart has the regular Big Kid for $30. It seems pretty padded & nice to me. They do not have the DLX there at the store only online, so I have not actually seen it. However they do have the Deluxe, but their Deluxe does not have any foam in the head wings. I have checked it at 2 different Wal-Marts & it is deffinatly not just my local store. Although the one on the website says it has it. :confused:

I did look at them at Target & their Deluxe deffinatly had it. So I guess my question is, is the foam worth the extra money? Should I go with the one with foam or just the regular? There is a $25 difference between the one with the foam & the one without it.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

as far as I knew, the deluxe was the same as dlx... not sure why it didn't have foam
there is no firm research to tell us how much of a difference the foam makes... I prefer it, but they had no girly cover for the dlx and Ruthie was insistent on pink... for a spare seat, i decided a happy Ruthie was more important than a 1/2" of foam.

I'd probably just let him pick the one he likes... (I hate that the NEW one... basically the amp turned into a highback with pivoting armrests... called the Big Kid Sport isn't in stores or online at walmart yet... because it also comes standard with eps foam and the covers are nice (if it had been out when Ruthie needed it, I would have gotten it... they have a pink one)

sirrahn

Honestly, for that seat, and as a spare, I'm not sure I'd feel like the foam was that big of a deal. The headrest has some give from the way it's designed, and it's not like the headwings are really deep enough to do much containing. When I had a Big Kid, they didn't make any with foam, and I didn't worry about it.

I do think the models with foam have better padded covers too, but it is an awfully big price difference for basically the same seat.

Mommy2Marcus

as far as I knew, the deluxe was the same as dlx... not sure why it didn't have foam
there is no firm research to tell us how much of a difference the foam makes... I prefer it, but they had no girly cover for the dlx and Ruthie was insistent on pink... for a spare seat, i decided a happy Ruthie was more important than a 1/2" of foam.

I'd probably just let him pick the one he likes... (I hate that the NEW one... basically the amp turned into a highback with pivoting armrests... called the Big Kid Sport isn't in stores or online at walmart yet... because it also comes standard with eps foam and the covers are nice (if it had been out when Ruthie needed it, I would have gotten it... they have a pink one)

Thanks. I think that the Wal-Mart here has 2. The $30 one & the $55-$60 one. Also neither of them have any foam. :thumbsdown: I guess we will just go for the $30 one at Wal-Mart. The cover is black & gray I believe or dark browns. Not 100% sure. It sounds like it will work well for what I need it for. I will go to Target & take a better look again to see the foam & decide from there. So torn here.

Honestly, for that seat, and as a spare, I'm not sure I'd feel like the foam was that big of a deal. The headrest has some give from the way it's designed, and it's not like the headwings are really deep enough to do much containing. When I had a Big Kid, they didn't make any with foam, and I didn't worry about it.

I do think the models with foam have better padded covers too, but it is an awfully big price difference for basically the same seat.

Yes, the ones with foam are more padded, but I think the regular Big Kid is already pretty padded. Also with the Wal-Mart ones that is all you're paying extra for, the padding as there is no foam in it. Thanks for your thoughts on it. Not sure which one I am going to get yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC